replace quick connects with something else?

Katskamper

Super Active Member
Nov 21, 2015
Fort Worth, TX
ok, im officially an old lady.
so is the Skamper.

even with gripper gloves & pliers, i cannot force a hose connector in to either gas quick connect & get the ring to snap in place.
both inside galley and outside connection.

its a fight, that i know could cause a fire if i lose.

is there a easy method not listed in manual?
a way to make work easier so it slides in & snap grips? lubricant? what kind?

id rather have a screw on connection!
can the brass part be changed out or an adapter added?

this is hose from stove (now for spare heater.)

Attachments

• DC090EFF-928C-4BD1-93C0-6F377CDF0C38.jpeg
    DC090EFF-928C-4BD1-93C0-6F377CDF0C38.jpeg
    147.5 KB · Views: 15

Sjm9911

Super Active Member
May 31, 2018
Nj
How was it before kat? Easier to do? I would try to clean up the fittings with the gas off, so maybe some wd40 and a green scotchbrite pad. There may just be dirt, or build up on the fittings making it harder to put on. If that didn't work, I would change them out for new fittings. They can go bad over time. Not sure on what other options there are but if you could do it before, then you should be able to do it woth new fittings on the ends. They should just screw off, use goop or tape and put the new ones on.

SteveP

Super Active Member
May 21, 2015
You could switch over to the 1x20 throw away cylinder connector but they can be a bit of a struggle too if you don't have room to get a good grip on them. Another option would be ball valves with 3/8 flare adaptors, but I wouldn't recommend those for any exterior, side of the camper, connections.

Sjm9911

Super Active Member
May 31, 2018
Nj
You could switch over to the 1x20 throw away cylinder connector but they can be a bit of a struggle too if you don't have room to get a good grip on them. Another option would be ball valves with 3/8 flare adaptors, but I wouldn't recommend those for any exterior, side of the camper, connections.
You would need a shut off for that conection. If the camper feeds other things. The colmans had a spring valve that had an autoshut off in them, but it was a pita to find and install because it was high pressure. This ment it had a welding thread. A welding thread is a reverse thread. Seems like a pain to redo all that. It did have flare adapters. So , that wouldnt concern me. When I had to replace mine I added a ball valve, as the spring loaded shut off failed.

Katskamper

Super Active Member
Nov 21, 2015
Fort Worth, TX
How was it before kat? Easier to do? I would try to clean up the fittings with the gas off, so maybe some wd40 and a green scotchbrite pad. There may just be dirt, or build up on the fittings making it harder to put on. If that didn't work, I would change them out for new fittings. They can go bad over time. Not sure on what other options there are but if you could do it before, then you should be able to do it woth new fittings on the ends. They should just screw off, use goop or tape and put the new ones on.
it has alwaysbeen difficult