Replaced flown fuses and still no ceiling lights and pump.

Discussion in 'First Time & New Camper Owners' started by Franchesca, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Franchesca

Franchesca Active Member

Flagstaff max 228D popup. Was running both heated mattresses, 3 ceiling lights, had cell phone plugged in and what I thought was the thermostat to heat the camper but later read that only works with gas or battery. I checked all fuses and replaced blown ones. Still no ceiling lights, or refrigerator working. What do I check now???

2. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

What are you running on shore power? And what works and dosen't? There is a saftey switch that cuts off electric to the lights so you dont leave them on. I dont know where yours is located , mine was under the flup up galley. What do you have selected for the fridge? In the back should be a selector to run on 12 volt battery ( worst) gas or 110 ellectric ( shore power). Thats for a 3 way fridge. What year is your camper? The manual should have some advice also. The heat works on propane and 12 volt electric, but your converter should convert the 110 volt to 12 volt. You need to understand the pup had a 110 volt system and a 12 volt system. 110 volt is outlets fridge if selected. 12 volt is the water pump, lights , furnace. All this 12 volt stuff should also run when the camper is pluged into 110 volts, as the converter changes over the 110 voltage to 12 volts.

So now what works? Anything? And what dosen't, and are you on battery or plugged in? Also what is the fridge selected to run on?

Franchesca, neighbormike and Raycfe like this.
  3. Franchesca

Franchesca Active Member

I don't really know anything about this camper. Just opened it for the first time. I have no idea where to look to see the refrigerator setting. Are these settings you are speaking of outside the camper where the gas cabinet is? I looked in the manuals that was over whelming. It's a 2005 model. All recepticles work that's it.

4. Dingit

Dingit Well-Known Member

Find out where the "kill switch" is. It's a switch that engages and enables DC power to most stuff only when the camper is setup. Location varies. Sometimes it gets messed up and DC won't work unless it's fixed or bypassed.

Fridge setting is on the outside. You gotta open the panel.

Franchesca and Sjm9911 like this.
  5. Sjm9911

I didnt watch it but this may help.

You tube has lots of stuff to help you through the unkown!

6. Franchesca

Franchesca Active Member

Thank you for this link. I found it very helpful!!

Liz White likes this.
  7. Franchesca

Franchesca Active Member

Thank you. I will look into it tomorrow.

8. Franchesca

Franchesca Active Member

I did some reading in the manual and found the control panel. I closed the camper yesterday due to cold spell coming in. Now I'm beginning to understand a tad more about the camper. One thing I read that I'm not quite sure on is the heated mattress. The manual says be sure this bedding is used in an alternating current supply circuit of the proper voltage. Meaning plug it into the outlet near the bed and not into an outside extension cord? Taking baby steps here.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  9. Franchesca

Franchesca Active Member

[
    O

10. Franchesca

Franchesca Active Member

11. Sjm9911

Yes if you have a heated mattress ( i never had that ) it needs a plug, so where they said, or if you need to use an extention cord, get one rated for the draw, and the length, so a big one. Not a cheap one. This is so they dont heat up and melt causing a fire.

12. Franchesca

Franchesca Active Member

Found it!!!! I opened it and cleaned it. After reading it in the refrigerator brochure it finally makes sense to me. I closed the camper yesterday. The first warm day I will reopen it and set the electric thermostat and the AC ON/OFF SWITCH.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  13. Franchesca

Franchesca Active Member

I have a 50 foot 14 wire gauge and a 100 foot 12 wire gauge.