Replacement awning bag?

jenmel

Hudson Valley, NY
May 30, 2007
Hudson Valley, NY
HI all
The zipper on my awning bag is shot and so is the fabric. The awning is fine. After a search for replacement bags, Bear Creek Canvas came up, but they don't do them anymore. They stopped a couple years ago. Bummer! Anyone know of another place that does them?

Thanks!
Jen

Lisar1969

Aug 14, 2016
Conesville, Ohio
If there is an Amish community anywhere near you, see if they have a tarp shop. I had a local man make mine and he only charged me $45. He even made it a little bigger so it was easier to get the poles in as well.
Midland RV sells Coleman/Fleetwood awning bags as well.

Dubbya

Wherever you go, there you are...
Aug 2, 2011
Steinbach, MB
Check with local commercial tent & awning shops or boat upholstery shops. Shouldn't cost you more than $50-$75 to get it done.

jumpoff

I'm in a camping state of mind
Nov 3, 2015
North East Florida
I took my awning bag off when I repaired my ABS roof. I was too lazy to put it back on and I think it added stress to the roof because where it was attached had a lot of hairline cracks. So since then I've used a portable canopy. I like it better because you can move it over the picnic table or anywhere else you might want it....more options with the canopy.

mavirg

Feb 26, 2017
I know this is not the right thread,but it is about awnings.The question is how to convert my canopy poles to fit on the side of my pup and get them off the ground.We have a 2008 fleetwood avalon.Pic. would be great thanks.

JPBar

Super Active Member
Sep 22, 2016
Texas
mavirg,
If it is a Dometic trimline awning and you have the pole holders on the side of your camper, pull the black covers off the end of the poles and place the ball in the holder.

mavirg

Feb 26, 2017
This is a pic. of it 2008 fleetwood avalon,I don't see any brackets for the pole.

Attachments

• IMG_20170227_081051.jpg
    IMG_20170227_081051.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 114

mstrbill

Mar 17, 2013
Austin , Texas
mavirg said:
I know this is not the right thread,but it is about awnings.The question is how to convert my canopy poles to fit on the side of my pup and get them off the ground.We have a 2008 fleetwood avalon.Pic. would be great thanks.

Suggest you open a new topic. The Coleman Awning can be converted to work that way, but some fabrication will be needed. However remember the Avalon has 4 poles and it might be a pain to have to walk around them in bad weather.

McFlyfi

Super Active Member
Aug 1, 2014
Thousand Oaks CA
Nick Gatel's popupbackpacker.com shows how did it. It's not a quick easy fix You'll need to source some parts and figure out how to lengthen the legs.

mavirg

Feb 26, 2017
Very good info.on the awning,but at this point I think we will leave it alone,tks.fellow campers for steering me in the right directions.

sespe

Sep 23, 2015
My first post under the new system, and maybe my last. But still important:

Advice I've seen on this group for a couple years: "Take it to a marine sew shop". Well, we finally did. Found a local sew shop and just dropped in. The bag was tearing away from the plastic rib/holder, and the zipper was starting to rip at the end. The guy took one look at it, said, "$20", and had it done in less time than it took to type this post.

I delayed forever because I was afraid to approach a non-rv shop. When I finally did, it was super quick and easy. We have an awning again!

Dovid

Aug 3, 2018
9F5CF719-2B1F-4D6E-A4F6-6C2726C263D8.jpeg 6869F8B1-D9D2-4454-8076-3AAE4DB1C406.jpeg 443DC438-9225-4CCC-BE0C-093E04436424.jpeg
HI all
The zipper on my awning bag is shot and so is the fabric. The awning is fine. After a search for replacement bags, Bear Creek Canvas came up, but they don't do them anymore. They stopped a couple years ago. Bummer! Anyone know of another place that does them?

Thanks!
Jen

Hello I have been surfing this question for a long time looking for an answer. I took matters into my own hands and creative solution that you may find helpful. I did go to a marine upholstery business and had them replace the rope bead and then stitch four straps above and then under the bead line used to hold my awning on the camper track. attached are pictures I hope this helps a bunch of people

Attachments

• 59661835-9926-470D-B659-A732DBF1157C.jpeg
    59661835-9926-470D-B659-A732DBF1157C.jpeg
    48.5 KB · Views: 117

Lanasfam

Jul 28, 2018
Arizona
This is sooooo helpful thank you!! I have looked and looked for information in a new awning bag, nothing find anything g! I could sew this myself. Only thing I worry about is the awning being exposed the the elements without protection. Do you also have your poles in there too?

Dovid

Aug 3, 2018
Poles are in there part of awning.
I had a new bead sewn on too. Seems super strong. Long drive with it coming up and will let you know. Likely will take off for winter. Figure is same stuff a bag so should be good. Used metal cam buckles rather than plastic quick release. Straps are cheap from NRSWEB.com

Good luck

BBurch220

Feb 12, 2018
Philadlephia PA
My bag is shot too and the zipper broken. For now, I've been getting by on zip ties holding the bag closed. It works pretty good. I put duct tape on the bag where I punched the holes for the zip ties to give it some strenght. Maybe this could help until you figure something else out.

roybraddy

Super Active Member
Mar 23, 2016
King George, Virginia
When mine failed I just flipped all of that upon the roof and tied it off with stretch rope. Made several trips doing it that way... My camper has been sitting now for awhile not being used and I think I will just remove the awning and get a four pole Patio Tent at WALMART... We are about to get started again using the camper... I have plenty of room on my front deck or in the truck bed...

4mBedPU.jpg

Google image

Roy Ken
SoQ6BfGm.jpg

Stravis1

Aug 7, 2018
My first post under the new system, and maybe my last. But still important:

Advice I've seen on this group for a couple years: "Take it to a marine sew shop". Well, we finally did. Found a local sew shop and just dropped in. The bag was tearing away from the plastic rib/holder, and the zipper was starting to rip at the end. The guy took one look at it, said, "$20", and had it done in less time than it took to type this post.

I delayed forever because I was afraid to approach a non-rv shop. When I finally did, it was super quick and easy. We have an awning again!
How does one find a "marine sew shop" ? I live around a ton of lakes big boating community so I'm sure we have one jusjust not sure how to find them lol.

Latest posts