Replacement awning bag?

Tonya Harding

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2018
Virginia
How does one find a "marine sew shop" ? I live around a ton of lakes big boating community so I'm sure we have one jusjust not sure how to find them lol.
Google may be the answer, check out "marine canvas sewing/stitching" in your locality, or call Marinas in your area...

deco-one

Mar 31, 2011
Norfolk, Virginia
I just went through the same thing - what always died on mine was the mounting welt. The vinyl welt cracks up and the stitching rots. I live around the water, so boating and marine shops are a big thing. Still, when I contacted local boat canvas shops, it was going to be at least $100 for the job. I ended up buying a new awning (ShadeMaker) and they've recently switched over to a new design with marine type mounting welt. It's a waterproof mesh surrounding an inner core and the stitching to the bag is heat sealed in plastic. Fits the same old mounting rail on the camper. I have hopes for this one.

Beth H

Apr 23, 2018
Easton, Maryland
View attachment 43050 View attachment 43051 View attachment 43052

Hello I have been surfing this question for a long time looking for an answer. I took matters into my own hands and creative solution that you may find helpful. I did go to a marine upholstery business and had them replace the rope bead and then stitch four straps above and then under the bead line used to hold my awning on the camper track. attached are pictures I hope this helps a bunch of people

Deanna Tymochko

Apr 22, 2019
Are the straps that were sewed on, do the run the length of the awning, meaning there are 4 fabric stripes down the entire awning, or just on the end?

SteveP

Super Active Member
Platinum Supporting Member
May 21, 2015
Look for upholstery shops with boats in the parking lot.

Latest posts