replacement jayco canvas retailers in Ontario?????

Discussion in 'Camper Restoration Projects' started by mommabear, Apr 15, 2011.

1. mommabear

mommabear New Member

Hi!! [:D]
    I was wondering if anyone can suggest a place in Ontario that i could contact for a replacement canvas for a 1984 Jayco J 1208.

Id be ever so greatful for the information!

Kindest regards!!

2. Pilot371

Pilot371 Member

RVWarehouse - hwy 400 and hwy 88 or 89 i think. they are authorized jayco dealer and might be able to get it for you

3. mommabear

mommabear New Member

wicked,thanks, i called and they are going to see if they can find anything out about getting one.

Has anyone ordered one to canada from the states?

4. real lite virgin

real lite virgin Rob,Suzanne & Jessie - Black Lab

Bear Creek Canvas and Canvas Replacements are two in the US that people seem to use and have been happy with. You could contact them and they could let you know about shipping costs. Also you could contact any place that does canvas work and see what it would cost to custom make or even repair your canvas. Google "canvas repairs Ontario" and you find many listings. Most specialize in Marine work but should be able to help you. Being in Barrie there are probably places close to you with all the Marinas around Lake Simcoe

Rob

5. mommabear

mommabear New Member

lol, ive googled the heck outta canvas replacements in Canada let alone ontario and come up with diddly lol.. and RV warehouse in Cookstown is the only Jayco dealer near me. ive emailed one of the american places recommended in other threads here and im waiting to hear back.

as for repair.... its not worth trying to patch this canvas really, two whole window screens are completely holey, one plastic has a large gash in it, one slide end is torn open, lots of duct tape on the inside on edges...but we got 'er for $700 and the frame, floor and body are great other then needing a scrubbing with TSP and re caulking all the seams for good measure :) and likely redo the gasket seal around the roof- will check out the Home Depot stuff recommended in another thread. my moms awful handy with this sort of stuff, and i like doing this stuff so i know it isnt a lost cause, i know it will be Awsome when were done fixing it up :D

6. Bluecoor

Bluecoor New Member

I used bear creek canvas last year on my trailer. I had to ship the old canvas to him not a big deal 62.00 for shipping. sometimes he already has a pattern and you don't have to ship yours. he did a great job took 20 minutes to put new one back on would recommend him again

7. mommabear

mommabear New Member

well, ive gotten one ordered now thru RV Warehouse in Cookstown Ontario. best price ive found so far too.. Its costing me $836 CDN for the canvas and $45 for shipping.. best i found thru the states was $848USD canvas, $65 USD for shipping and then id have to pay Duty ontop of all that

..now i just hav eto wait 4 weeks for it to come in [:(]

8. Pilot371

Pilot371 Member

Glad it worked out for you - I've been happy with RV Warehouse service

9. popup pete

popup pete New Member

hi just ordered new tenting for my new to me 1995 jayseries1207 from owasco rv in whitby there a jayco dealer and order from jayco direct got a good price 650 for complete canvas price around best of luck to whoever else needs canvas gor there jayco

10. Brad McIntyre

Brad McIntyre New Member

Just tried RV Warehouse for my 1989 Starcraft Starstream canvas and they couldn't help me. Got a Quote from Barrie Tent and Awning and it was outrageous... $3200. ANyone else have any suggestions here in Canada?

11. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Did you contact Bear Creek Canvas or Canvas Replacements ?? I know they are in the States, but their pricing is much better..

12. Brad McIntyre

Brad McIntyre New Member

I have contacted both. I had a marine upholstery guy come out and look at it. He's going to give me quote later this week. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks all

13. osmossis

osmossis Member

i contacted eagle canvas in Burlington and all sewing customs in Mississauga and both were in the 1500+ price range, can get from bear creek but 700USD+ shipping old one down then shipping up plus duties for a camper that is a 1975 we care gonna wait for a while to replace ours lol

14. Andy Danhof

Andy Danhof New Member

Only 4 weeks? Nice. I have to wait 8-10 weeks. But I'm doing a roof rebuild in the meantime so it should go quick.