Replacement low clearance faucet needed

Discussion in 'Plumbing Systems (Blue, Grey, & Black)' started by Popuppixie, Oct 14, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Popuppixie

Popuppixie New Member

Hello, all!
    On our first (and far only) camping trip with our ‘95 Coleman Columbia we discovered two things (okay, more than two but I’m focusing on these at the moment):

1) The sink faucet was leaking
    2) Pump faucets suck!

So I’m looking for a replacement. Has anyone gotten this faucet from Coleman replacement parts? There isn’t a lot of clearance so I don’t have a ton of options. Sink counter pulls over (?) rather than folds over.
    3794F10C-67C9-4DAD-917E-C1962E1350FB.png
    Or do you have a better recommendation?

Thanks!

2. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Go to Lowes/HD, etc. and get a low profile bathroom faucet. That's what we did.

If you are hooked up to city (campground) water you'll be fine. If you want to boondock and you don't have an electric pump you'll need to add one of those as well. You connect one side (hot or cold) of the faucet to the pump, the other to the city water.

3. Popuppixie

Popuppixie New Member

If I HAVE to get a bathroom faucet then I’ll go that route but I’m really hoping to avoid it.

We most likely will usually just be at campgrounds with hook ups, but we may add a pump later for options. First thing is to get this thing in working order again! We came home and took it apart!

4. jdkmrc

jdkmrc New Member

The big box home stores carry cheap low profile faucets. I did purchase one of these to install so the kids can more easily reach spigot for hand washing. But do note, the centers are narrower than what is typical. I had to make a plate to cover the old holes.

https://ebay.us/M70RPd

5. donaltman3

donaltman3 New Member

We just ran into this same problem... we are doing a remodel of one and thought it would be nice to get a taller more modern looking fixture for filling pots. After installing we discovered the bar hits halfway up the spout... DOH !!!!

We took a trip back to Walmart and found this one.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Peerless-Centerset-Two-Handle-Bathroom-Faucet-in-Chrome/378397419

This fixture is a little taller than most standard sink fixtures and it looks nice. It fits with a fair amount of clearance for the pull bar to go over it. The same exact fixture at HomeDepot is 15 bucks more.