Replacement propane regulator

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Repairs & Maintenance' started by jmcelvoy, Oct 15, 2015.

1. jmcelvoy

jmcelvoy Member

So my pop-up campers propane system stopped working a few weeks back. I could get the interior stove lit, but only a tiny flickering flame. In talking to some of the local hardware stores, they've all pointed me towards a potentially bad propane regulator. The one that's currently on my pop-up is labeled 605H. Do I need to get that exact same one or will any 2-Stage vertical regulator work? Should I also replace the pigtail just so all the connections are new?

2. Customer

Customer Well-Known Member

Or it could be the flow constrictor in the hose. Close the valve on the bottle, allow to sit for a minute and then slowly turn the valve back on. There is a ball that will block flow if it senses a leak, sometimes they act up.

To answer your question, if you have a vertical regulator, any vertical dual stage regulator will work. You should also replace the hose. A hardware store probably won't have the two stage regulator needed for RV use. Propane grills generally use a single stage.

3. jmcelvoy

jmcelvoy Member

Thanks for the info. Correct, my local hardware stores don't have the 2-Stage regulators and the closest store is about 1 hour away and they're asking nearly $70 for it.