Replacing Speakers

Discussion in 'The Other Stuff' started by J. Brown, Apr 14, 2020.

1. J. Brown

J. Brown New Member

Hey there crew, we're new to pop up camping (and to this forum), so I'm happy to have the Pop Up Portal to help guide our adventures. After a couple of trips out, I'm interested in upgrading the speakers that came standard on our pup. We have a Palomino 4124 and the speakers seem to pop and crackle at minimal volume. Has anyone done this and could you let me know if it's worth the time/effort/leak risk? If so, what speaker did you use? Thanks in advance!

2. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

If outside speakers, replace them with a quality marine speaker.

bheff likes this.
  3. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

It probably depends on how much of an audiophile you are. We replaced the outdoor speakers on the TT with some cheapies off Amazon. Sound isn't great, but they sound pretty good.

You might check with Crutchfield.com. They have some knowledgeable folks who can make some recommendations for you.

4. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

I hate to say the little bluetooth portables work very good. If mine ever went in the TT, i would just get another one of those. Unless your having a large party at the campsite!

5. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

What I usually do when outside is use my pocket ILUV Bluetooth speaker... has great sound... I sinc with my cellphone and listen to one of my favorite FM Radio country music stations... There is a whole list of FM Radio stations on the cell phone. Our hometown local station WFLS FM is on the list... The FM RADIO APP is called TUNE-IN...

I just got a new portable Bluetooth Pocket speaker GLADORN model GD008 ($15-Amazon) which also has a battery pack included.. Run's my cellphone all day long running up and down the outside trails... Recharges using USB charge ports... This one has an AUDIO INPUT port where my ILUV pocket speaker only has Bluetooth... This allows me to use my CC Crane pocket receiver instead of cellphone... This only picks up local stations around the campsite and has NOAA WX channels on it... I have no idea how they can make these small stereo speakers sound so good... I also like to listen to my RADIO FREQs over the cell phone using BROADCASTIFY com...
    [​IMG]
    google

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
    J. Brown and EmilyW like this.
  6. Aladin Sane

Aladin Sane I'd rather be camping

I replaced the old marine speakers in the side of the camper with new inexpensive marine speakers. They only get used to play the occasional football game. While I like music, I dont want it to mask the sounds of nature when I camp.

7. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member

Agree. Always told my boys, if someone else can hear your music, it's too loud. Many people don't understand that.

8. rdk59

rdk59 New Member

My outside speaker cones were broken so I replaced with these from Amazon. Made a huge difference!!
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000230L9A/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

J. Brown and Sjm9911 like this.
  9. Aladin Sane

Aladin Sane I'd rather be camping

Those are the exact ones I installed last summer.

J. Brown and rdk59 like this.
  10. J. Brown

J. Brown New Member