Replacing stabilizer jacks on our 1986 Coleman Sequoia

Discussion in 'Leveling Your Camper' started by carlr, Jul 3, 2013.

1. carlr

carlr New Member

I want to replace the pull down stabilizers with screw/crank down stabilizers.
    Has anyone done this or know if this conversion would work?
    Thanks

2. efehser

efehser New Member

I added these:http://tweetys.com/lighttrailerjacks17.aspx to the front of the pup where there were no jacks at all, and plan on putting a set in the rear to replace the pull down Atwood jacks. Easy to install, three screws each, minor drilling required.

3. carlr

carlr New Member

Thanks efehser, that's exactly the one I was considering.
    They look much easier to deal with.

4. PinnMcrack

PinnMcrack Active Member

You might have to have those welded in.

5. friartuck

friartuck Well-Known Member

I replaced the old Atwood stabs with the BAL crank down type, like Eric's link, on my old Yuma. The Atwoods were bolted to the frame so they were easy to get off, however the bolts themselves were spot welded on the heads [:(] so I had to leave them in place. Installing the new stab was easy! Self tapping screw were provided in the kit, just drill new mounting holes, use a good Locktite (blue I think it was) and you are good to go! Really is easy as that.
    As a plus I was able to send the old Atwoods to another forum member who needed them! BONUS!

6. arice3

arice3 New Member

I have a 1996 Coleman Sequoia and just bought 4 BAL stabilizers. I figure your trailer frame will be the same as mine. Can you describe where you mounted your new stabilizers?

7. xshield

xshield New Member

I like the jacks you posted. I've been using craftsman car jack stands...just on the front. Not the ideal set up but make it rock solid and stable.