Replacing the storage box lid with metal - dimensions needed

Discussion in 'Camper Restoration Projects' started by Jessyca 74, May 18, 2020.

1. Jessyca 74

Jessyca 74 New Member

Hi All, I do apologize if this has been asked and answered a million times before. I NEED to replace the storage box lid to my Coleman Mesa. It is warped and where the four latches attach to the storage lid is ripping apart. I see that some of you have done just the lid - I truly believe that is all I need. I have found a place that may be able to fabricate the replacement lid for me in metal. Can anyone that has replaced the storage box lid for a camper that has the same lid as mine please, please share your measurements, metal type and any information with me??? It would really help me to take them into the fabricators when I have my appointment. Your help is most appreciated - thanks!!!

2. bheff

bheff Well-Known Member

It would best if you could take you're off and take it to the fab shop.

Raycfe likes this.
  3. GreyFox

GreyFox Well-Known Member

Unfortunately you haven't told us the model year of your Mesa but I suspect it's an earlier model with the integrated trunk, in which case this trunk lid from colemanpopupparts.com should be a suitable replacement.

4. GreyFox

<duplicate post> [B)]

5. Jessyca 74

Jessyca 74 New Member

@GreyFox - My Mesa is a 2000. I have seen this lid before and called Coleman PopUp Parts and spoke with them. They have continued to tell me that this will not work. I appreciate your information though. I am the whole camper to a metal fabrication shop tomorrow and hopefully they can help me out.

6. GreyFox

The original Fleetwood part number for your Mesa's trunk lid was 4753F5851. I notice the Coleman Popup Parts version doesn't list a conventional Fleetwood part number so it must be a third party aftermarket product. Odd they would offer this product for sale when they insist it won't fit. :confused:

7. Jessyca 74

Jessyca 74 New Member

I wanted to let anyone know that may be interested that I have found a place to have my metal storage lid fabricated. The crazy part is that I actually use to work for this company in their other division two buildings down the road and didn't know that they could help me. It is in fabrication now and should be complete soon. In case anyone is interested the name of the company is Harford Systems and they are located in Aberdeen, Maryland.