Reservation Canceled

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by Turfit, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Turfit

Turfit New Member

Got noticed yesterday that my July reservation in Santa Fe National Forest has been canceled due to fire danger...... Back to the drawing board to plan out our July Vacation.....

kcsa75 likes this.
  2. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

Damn! Having to cancel a reservation sucks... having someone else cancel it on you is even worse!! Hope you can make alternate plans and still enjoy!

3. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

All of the Santa Fe NF basically closed until further notice yesterday. Fire danger is high, high, high, and dozens of abandoned campfires were found over the long weekend, in spite of the regs in force. Huge fire up near Eagles Nest, one in Colorado - actually more than one in each state. Lots of closures in AZ too.
    So far, I don't think our late July reservations in the Santa Fe NF have been cancelled. We made them for an extra weekend trip, knowing it might not happen.

4. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

I know you hate it, but if something happened and you had to leave the unit NOW, or even worse got trapped by a fire it could be much worse. Sorry for you hopefully you can go to plan B and still camp, I hope so anyway. Good Luck and keep on camping

5. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

I feel your pain, but at least you got some notice. A couple years ago, we had reservations at a great lakefront site in southern Missouri for the July 4 holiday. About two hours before we were set to leave, we got a call from the campground canceling our reservation because there was a storm the night before and the lake had come up and flooded our site. [:)C]

6. NMroamer

NMroamer Well-Known Member

You have no idea the what is going on with that.