Reserve america

Discussion in 'Reservation Systems' started by Fossel, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Fossel

Fossel New Member

So is a pop up tent trailer considered a tent or an rv? They don't have a third option on their site.

2. PointyCamper

PointyCamper Active Member

I have never seen that without Trailer option and then it offers a box to put in your length. I would use RV since you have wheels

3. Mogimus

Mogimus Active Member

Is it specific campground selection? I always pick trailer site when using RA.

Attached Files:

4. speckhunter80

speckhunter80 Well-Known Member

RV or trailer doesn't really matter as long as you mark 30 amp or greater for electric if that is what you want.

5. webhannet

webhannet Member

Some "tent sites" aren't able to be backed into. Also, if you want 30 A power and water, perhaps more than a tent would require - you'll need a trailer site.

Even though you MUST use Reserve America, there's no reason you can't call the campground to confirm the details of the site - or to find which available site might be best for you.

As an example - Hunting Island SC has direct waterfront handicap sites that don't appear anywhere - you have to call to reserve them. They are not available to anyone other the handicap placard holding public - still, they reserve early. BTW - H.I. is my favorite all-time campground in months when flies aren't buzzing.

6. tenttrailer

tenttrailer Art & Joyce - Columbus, O

If your not sure call the CG. I have had CG's tell me a popup can camp the the tent sites.

7. PlainJayne

PlainJayne New Member

You can also go on Campsitephotos.com and there will most likely be a photo of the site you are considering. Its great cause you can see if you might like that space.

8. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Your classed as an RV .. Select that and then the appropriate size rounded up .. if your pup is 17ft long with the beds out, select 20ft as your trailer size..

9. WingShot

WingShot New Member

I actually do the opposite when picking a trailer site for our PU, and list the length a few feet shorter then it actually is (our E1 is 22' fully deployed, always list it as 18'). I figure this gives me more sites to pick from and I can always have the bunk-end extend beyond the back of the parking spot. It's hasn't been a problem yet.

10. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

It sort of depends for length. Our first pup was small, 12' long when open, but if I used that number in a campground where sites were assigned (usually private these days, used to be so for a lot of national and state parks) I found I often didn't have enough space to park the TV with swing space for the back gate. Not all sites lend themselves to extending the bunk over the end of the parking space.
    For the Cobalt, it was about 17' extended and our TV is the same, so I used 34' for site length. With the TT, we've added 2'. For reservations sites like reserveamerica.com and recreation.gov, we use the 19', since we're listed as a travel trailer now. For Trailer Village at South Rim of GCNP (concessionaire is Delaware North), the choices are up to 28' and up to 50', and that includes the TV, so we've always chosen the larger when we've stayed there in the pup.
    For places we've visited in the past, we often have notes so we know which sites will work, no matter what the reservation system lists.