Reserving Multiple Campsites

Would you reserve campsites on either side of you to prevent close neighbors?

• Would never think of doing this.

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • Have done this.

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Have never done this but thanks for the idea.

Votes: 10 30.3%

• Total voters

Sjm9911

Super Active Member
May 31, 2018
Nj
Yea, if you book early enough to get 2 spots, you should be able to get 1 good site that has more room. But TBH , never thought of it. People do this at disney ( rarely as its $$$$$$$$$$). Halloween , they set up lots of decorations and they park there trailor for the decorations there and the rv on the site next to it.

Tonya Harding

Super Active Member
Jun 15, 2018
Virginia
rode up bright and early on the first day of my reservation and put up the tent to stake my claim...lol
Done that more than once myself; drive the hour, set up a small shelter, fish a bit then head back home & come back later w/ the fam or early the next morning. Never did 2 sites for privacy, but have for pals that were coming up later...

tfischer

A bad day camping beats a good day at the office
It's pretty rare that I've had issues with my camp neighbors. And I'm cheap, so tripling the price of camping is a non-starter lol. So choice A for me, please.

EDIT: This goes for my *immediate* camp neighbors at least. Almost every trip, there's some nearby site making things miserable. Like the jerk this past trip who ran a generator all night. He had it set up so you couldn't really hear it even walking by his site. But that's because he had the generator in the back of his pickup, pointing into the shrubs at the back of his site. Guess whose site was on the other side of these bushes? Fortunately he only stayed one night.

Last edited:

firepit

Super Active Member
Feb 26, 2020
We scout our favorite campgrounds and look for spots where someone wont be right on top of us.
It's too expensive for us to justify reserving the spots next to us.

firepit

Super Active Member
Feb 26, 2020
I always find a corner site or one on a curve gives you more room on either side.
Thats we do as well...I keep our fav spots in my cell phone and rank them from first to last so when
it comes time to reserve we can down list based on whats available.
Sometimes all our fav spots are booked and i go out a night early and pick a first come first served spot
i like.

Latest posts