Rest in peace Roscoe

Discussion in 'Best Wishes/Remembrances for Loved Ones & Friends' started by kcsa75, Jan 5, 2020.

1. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

It's a sad day at our house. Ol' Roscoe hasn't been feeling well for a couple weeks now. Thursday we found out he had a mass the size of tennis ball on his stomach and lungs. Vet told us we could bring him home for the weekend and take him back Monday to be put down.

Roscoe loved to go camping with us so we took him to the lake on Saturday to patrol the campground one last time. He didn't have his normal energy, but I think he had a great time nonetheless. Then last night he took a turn for the worse. I stayed up with him until about 1 a.m. and went to bed thinking he may not make it through the night. He was still with us this morning but the end was inevitable, so we took him to the emergency vet this morning to end his suffering.

I've owned several dogs but Roscoe was by far the best dog I've ever had. It's not going to be the same around here without him. We're all going to miss him greatly.

20170915_165321.jpg

20200104_151203.jpg

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
    Sjm9911 likes this.
  2. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

Very sorry for your loss. It's always tough to lose a member of the family.

kcsa75 likes this.
  3. megcabra

megcabra Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss. Roscoe sounded like a great dog.

kcsa75 likes this.
  4. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

A pet can be your very best friend. I can understand your loss .... sad

kcsa75 likes this.
  5. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

I am sorry to hear of your loss, it is terrible to lose a family member like Roscoe.

Rainbow Bridge
    Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

neighbormike, kcsa75 and Sjm9911 like this.
  6. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

So sorry for the loss. You did the right thing. Its sad to see a pet suffer because we want them around longer. Its also probably one the hardest decisions to make in life, to decide. Rest in peace Roscoe.

kcsa75 likes this.
  7. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss. Sounds like Roscoe lived a pretty good life. That's all we can hope for with our fur babies.

kcsa75 likes this.
  8. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear this @kcsa75. I know how special the bond can be, and dread the day I have to say ”so long” to my friend. Hang in there, time and fond memories will hopefully help.

kcsa75 likes this.
  9. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Sorry for you loss. It is amazing how much of a piece of our hearts they take with them when they leave.. Hopefully Ol' Roscoe will will send you a replacement camping buddy one day..

kcsa75 likes this.
  10. BillyMc

BillyMc Well-Known Member

:sad:[:(]

kcsa75 likes this.
  11. gardenbliss

gardenbliss Well-Known Member

Thank you for sharing your love for Roscoe and how much he loved camping. It was such a touching gesture to take him camping one last time. So sorry for your loss.

kcsa75 likes this.