River Plantation RV Park and Foothills RV Park - Sevierville/Pigeon Forge TN

Discussion in 'Tennessee' started by patrick1853, Nov 29, 2015.

1. patrick1853

patrick1853 New Member

We just made a trip up to the smokes and I figured I would make a few notes on the two campgrounds we stayed in Pigeon Forge this year.

Foothills RV - http://www.foothillsrvparkandcabins.com/

There are a ton of reviews for this campground, so I'm going to keep it short. Great campground with probably the nicest and cleanest bath house I have ever seen. Site pads are shaded, paved, and level. This is a small campground (I think 33 or so sites plus cabins) arranged in a loop around the bathhouse/laundry/pool. The only negative I have is that the sites are narrow, though this is typical in Pigeon Forge. The pool is very small, though acceptable based on the small number of camp sites (I also don't normally worry about swimming in the smokies).

River Plantation RV Park - http://rvcoutdoors.com/river-plantation/

We stayed at River Plantation this weekend. This is a huge campground with a lot of amenities and a large pool area (lazy river, two+ pools), a playground, arcade, conference center, etc. The sites were level with well maintained gravel pads. The amount of shade seems to depend on the site. The bathrooms were perfectly clean and functional. The majority of RVs were fifth wheels or large motor homes, and this seems to be their target audience (though they seems completely happy to have us there in our pop ups).

This gets me to my only complaint; unless your rig has at least a porta-potty, I'd say roughly half the campground isn't worth booking due to the distances to the bathhouses (to give them credit, they pointed this out when I booked and helped find three sites as close as possible to a bath house). With the campground layout, we were 1 row over and directly across from a bathhouse, but unless you cut through campsites, you were a 5 minute walk from the same bath house (feels like a long way in the middle of the night).

They could easily add designated paths between some of the sites to make a route to the bath houses and the sites are wide enough (compared to other Pigeon Forge campgrounds) that this wouldn't be a problem.

To summarize, I was very happy with both campgrounds, and will likely stay at either/both in the coming years.

2. zorak

zorak Member

I have to comment on the cabins at Foothills. We have stayed several times at the small A frame cabins. They usually only cost about $55, although it varies depending on the season. If you are not camping I would recommend the cabins instead of any hotel. You get your own parking space, small deck and grill, plus you are just far enough off the strip you don't even hear the Harleys riding by. The cabins are always clean, and have the typical hotel amenities. Considering the fact they are cheaper than the majority of hotels in the area I feel it's a no brainer.