Rivets?

Discussion in 'First Time & New Camper Owners' started by CajunMan, Mar 14, 2020.

1. CajunMan

CajunMan New Member

There are very small screws in my brands new Fleetwood that hold the divider curtain and privacy surround rails to the ceiling. Some were stripped out even installed and are dropping one at a time. Thoughts on replacing with shallow rivets?

2. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member

Is it still under warranty? If so, they need to fix the junk they are making.

3. tzmartin

tzmartin Well-Known Member

4. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

I would remove the rail and clean both surfaces well. Maybe a strip of outdoor double sided tape would hold the rail better along with the rivets/screws/pushpins. I also would suggest a fastener that expands on the backside like a pop rivet or drywall insert. I guess that what I would call an "Exploding Rivet"

tzmartin likes this.
  5. CajunMan

CajunMan New Member

A. It's a month old but having it sit in their shop for how long when all they will do is rescrew it right next to the original spot making another hole is probably not worth it to me.
    B. That's the only kind of rivet I know of.

6. theseus

theseus Centerville, OH

Shallow rivets will work. I’ve had to re attach stuff to the ceiling before. Rivets look cleaner in my opinion. The “exploding” rivets are great for attaching things where you want to make sure the forces are spread out.