Roaring River State Park Cassville Mo

Discussion in 'Missouri' started by BigJake, Aug 6, 2014.

1. BigJake

BigJake New Member

[PUC] [PUT] My Family has camped at Roaring River State Park near Cassville Mo.for about 20 years now and i just wanted to rave about it on here so others might benefit from it. This campground is really nice having plenty of shade (in most campsites) good bathrooms in campgrounds 1 and 3. campground 2s Bathroom wasnt very pleasant... anywho. the staff and hosts are very nice and friendly.Ive never had any problems in my 20 years of camping in a TT, a tent and now my pup. The park has 3 different campgrounds, with our favorite being camground #3. lots of access to Roaring river for catching rainbow trout. the nearest wm is about 8 miles away in the town of Cassville. you are only a 30 min (or so) drive from Eureka Springs Ar and around an hour or so from branson if you are looking to have a mini vaca. Fishing here is wonderful especially since they have a fish cleaning station complete with filet boards and cans to throw away your cleaned fish waste, unlike Bennett Springs state park where you clean your fish on the side of the river and throw everything back into the river. I dont particularly care for that part of Bennett but other than that Bennett is a nice facility as well. You can feed the trout in the hatchery for 25 cents per handfull of food, they have live bluegrass music, lots of animal show and tell, hatchery tours, a pretty neat nature center, 6 or so different hiking trails and a cave tour of a very small nearby cave.they have a camp store in the park witha bunch of essentials that you might have forgotten and about 20 mins from there you can tour the Pea Ridge Battlefield for a small fee of 10$ per carload and you can tow your pup through the park too! I thought that was nice. But all in all we love Roaring River State park and would highly recommend it for all families! and if anyone is planning to go to this particular park and have questions about the fishingor what not , please feel free to message me and i would be happy to give any pointers that might help!Thanks for reading!

Jake