Robert Moses State Park Massena, NY

Discussion in 'New York' started by upstate family, Sep 28, 2016.

1. upstate family

upstate family Member

This is a wonderful campground located on the St. Lawrence River. The campground has a variety of sites. From wooded, to few trees, on the river, off the river, some very small and some with very large grassy areas. There are a number of sites that offer electric but only a few that offer 50 amps. Most sites appeared to be fairly level. The main part of the sites had gravel. All site have a fire grill/pit and a picnic table. Our table was 8 feet ,but some sites had 6 ft tables. The roads throughout are paved. It is a fairly flat area which makes biking very easy. There is a beach and boat launch area. You can also see boats go through the Eisenhower lock.
    Water spigots are readily available around the campgrounds. The restrooms and showers were tiled and clean. The showers have a set water temperature but it was very comfortable. The showers are free but you have to keep pushing a button.
    Like most NY state parks it is pet friendly. You are limited to 2 pets per site.
    Walmart & BJ's are within 15 minutes of the campground.
    We had a fabulous time at this campground and will definitely go back.

2. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Several friends of mine stay there at least once a season. Hoping to get there one of these days..

3. upstate family

upstate family Member

Snow it was our first visit and we were impressed. You must go!

4. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

It's getting to that end of the Lake .. We're closer to the other end, so our crossings are close to Buffalo, so we usually head to Letchworth S.P..

5. upstate family

upstate family Member

Letchworth is great. We have tent camped there and definitely plan to take the Pup. We are staying closer to home in October and heading to Taughannock. Robert Moses was a 3 1/2 hour drive for us but I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I think Robert Moses closes next weekend. Not many stay open into October. Which is frustrating since it is still great camping weather. Although the snow can start flying anytime!

6. link81

link81 New Member

we were there over labor day. beautiful place. looks like we're going back memorial day :)

7. Kb2yht

Kb2yht New Member

Making me home sick, I will be up in the area over new years... not really good PUP weather.
    Guess I need to plan for next spring, My DS has never really seen the area and RM park is a good intro IMO.
    Maybe take him to the other RM park afterwards to show him where his mom grew up.