Robin Williams

88PUP

being crazy- has kept me from going insane
Aug 5, 2012
Bullfrog Bheer said:
Farewell Robin Williams. [:(] Thanks for many years of laughter.
I will now have to own RV. It's The Long, Long Trailer for a new generation.

RIP AMEN

88PUP

being crazy- has kept me from going insane
Aug 5, 2012
ChocoChock01 said:
What is your favorite RW line?

"Cocaine is God's way of saying you're making too much money."

Robin Williams

novagirl

retired camper
Jul 13, 2011
Very sad. Loved him in Dead Poets Society and Mrs. Doubtfire plus many more. Feel so bad for his family. :(

Lisa0nly

Lifelong Camper
Aug 5, 2011
SE Wisconsin
Depression hides within many people. Here is a man who made the world laugh all the while fighting darkness and sadness within. I pray he found peace.

WeRJuliIan

If it's "Aluminum", why not "Sodum" and "Uranum"?
May 15, 2014
Sarasota, FL
Shortly after 9/11, when virtually everything had a military guard on it, RW commented on the fact that, at each end of the Golden Gate, were military vehicles, painted in camo.. Manned by troops, dressed in camo... Guarding a bridge that's painted bright orange! Bless the man, and let's hope he can rest.

kjcamper

Jul 12, 2008
Wisconsin
I loved RV very classic Robin Williams humor throughout. Saw one of his more recent movies The Angriest Man in Brooklyn, very funny. So sad when someone dies battling depression or substance abuse. I see Lauren Bacall passed away today too.

BarbaraFaith

Super Active Member
Oct 15, 2011
Glad someone started this post. R.I.P. Robin Williams who brought so much enjoyment to others while fighting his own demons. Only now we are hearing of all good deeds he did, and his monetary gifts to others. she & I had a discussion about her depression. She told me that she had just gone off her meds. She had an adult daughter who died before I met her 6 to 7 years ago, and she just isn't able to get over it. On a lighter note, I have loved most of his movies and enjoyed his comedy style. However, my favorite was the movie Awakenings, where they use carbadopa-levidopa a Parkinson's med. I have experience with this med and it's affects as my mom suffered from Parkinson's for 18 years. I don't have a favorite line, but for years DH & one of his co-workers have jokes about "naked pictures of Walter Brennan" from Good Morning Vietnam. Working at the VA, I have had the opportunity to meet a vet who worked with the real Adrian Cournoyer (sp). This summer, there were reports of citings of Robin Williams at the Center City Dairy Queen which indicated that he was being treated at the Hazelden Foundation - for Alcholol Treatment.DH went through treatment there prior to our meeting each other.

May his soul rest in peace and may we remember him for his comedy and for all the good things he did for others. Also praying for his loved ones through this terrible time.

BarbaraFaith

Super Active Member
Oct 15, 2011
Reread by previous post and part of it got deleted. I was mentioning that the other day I had a pretty heavy discussion with a co-worker of mine who struggles with depression. She misses work frequently, because of it. I lost some sleep last night, thinking about her and her depression after hearing about Robin Williams. DH & I have been through a lot with his health the past 7 or 8 months, and I told her that what we have gone through is so insignificant to depression, that DH's issues can be fixed with meds and rehab, but depression is often insurmountable. Often people how display the best humor are often fighting depression.

ChocoChock01

On the road aagaain See Rallies below;
Mar 7, 2012
one of his lines was he "chose to go to Rehab in Wine Country to keep his options open!"

obviously a life of contradictions.