Rockwood 2516g Leaks After Rain When Closed

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Repairs & Maintenance' started by rmalt, Dec 1, 2019.

1. rmalt

rmalt New Member

Hello Everyone,

I have a 6 year old Rockwood 2516g and later this summer I started to have an issue when it is all closed up. After a heavy rain I would notice that in the front right area of the popup it would be all wet under the toilet area. For the life of me I can't figure exactly where it is coming in. The only thing I can think of is that I should start by replacing the roof seal. Earlier in the summer I was getting some water in the middle of the popup but I think that may have been coming in where the slide out is. Anyone ever deal with an issue like this?

Thanks

2. kgesiako

kgesiako Active Member

I just discovered this this summer on my 2716g. I found the sealant on the vertical brown trim was bad. When open no big deal, rain will just fall onto canvas, but when closed water would go past that seal which would end up going on the backside of the roof seal when closed, then it would go down the inside wall through the holes where the bed supports go. That would be my first place to look DA567DE2-35BF-4B03-A024-FB5B6B50683B.jpeg 51C7F59A-FCB7-4896-BAF1-80AE07FEC1D5.jpeg

3. bheff

bheff Well-Known Member

Visually check every single seam. I had a small crack in the sealant for my roof vent that allowed water to get past. 2 tubes of Dicor and the entire roof was resealed.