Okay - after posting last week about the issues with the lift system I had, I ordered a new cable, and new manual winch for the pop-up. My power winch went out a year ago, and it is going to cost around $300 to replace it, money I do not want to spend on it. The new cable and manual winch was $76.00 from Goshen Stamping. Surprisingly, the lift system is designed very well and it was very easy to place the cable, it was easier than I thought it would be. First - I removed the old winch, which was easy, the nuts and bolts came off easy, and removing the power cables from the battery was simple. Bolts holding the winch on - remove these to remove the winch. Old winch removed. New cable and winch system Next, the tie bar needs to be removed, this is held on by 2 self -tapping screws, this allows you to pull the cable out if it is broken. Tie bar removed Also, need to do the rear tie bar. Removing the rear tie bar is where it allows you to replace the cable completely. Next, the screws on the rear left and right outside of the camper need to be removed, this will allow you to remove the spring tubes Now, the spring tubes can be removed. These take work to get out, as they appear to be stuck, but pull in towards the middle of the camper, from underneath, and down, and you will get them removed. Here the tubes are removed, there are 2 screws that hold the front of the tubes on the master tube, these are removed, and then you can easily remove the spring tubes. Also this is a good time to check the springs. Here is the old cable towards the front of the camper, I was able to pull the cable out easily from here since it was snapped. There is a push plate that is behind this crimped part, it will also come out when you pull the cable out. Look for it and make sure it comes out. The pusher plate. Now I have placed the new cable end and new springs together, and pushed the entire unit into the top of the master tube, it gets pushed all the way to the other side, where the front end tie bar is located. The entire unit being pushed into the master tube. The springs stay in the spring tubes, however can be easily replaced if needed. Try to avoid any dirt getting on the springs when placed back in. Some of you commented on lubing the lift tubes on the system. The recommended lube is a liquid lubricant, this is because it will also run down the lift bars and into the spring tubes. These springs will can also be lubricated by adding grease to the master tube. The new cable coming out the other end of the master tube, after being pushed in from the backside. This cable does not stick out of the master tube, it was just to show that it comes to the end of the tube. I cleaned the grass off the end and replaced the tie bar towards the end of the install after the new cable end came through on the bottom side of the master tube. The new cable end, will go through the pulley, and in the bottom of the master tube. The other end will come out of the bottom of the tube and go to the winch. There is a pusher plate and crimp that needs to to be fitted into the master tube as well. The rear master tube put back together, the spring tubes have been replaced and the screws put back on. The new cable is routed to the winch, pulled taunt, and pulled through the pulley after being wrapped around the pulley once, and then it is secured with the hardware that came with the winch. Success!!