Rockwood Premier shower and hot water heater issues

Discussion in 'First Time & New Camper Owners' started by tncopperhead, Jun 2, 2020.

1. tncopperhead

tncopperhead New Member

I bought a 2007 Rockwood Premier 2515G two years ago. I have only camped in it once due to health reasons. The campground did not have any electricity or water, so I was unable to test all the features of the camper. Now, I am in better shape physically and have started checking things out to see what works and what does not. I am pretty sure the dealer I bought it from showed me how that shower worked at the time. But now, I can't get anything but a few drips to come out of the faucet. I know that water is getting to the faucet because I pulled the line off and squirted water all over the floor! I was wondering if the faucets are replaceable or if that is even my problem. I have the same results with both the hot and cold handles and with both city and on-board water.

Also, I have not been able to get my pilot light for my water heater to light. I know that the propane is going though the system because my stove will light. I've looked everywhere for a valve that may be off but had no luck. Again, I believe this was working at the dealership. Any suggestions?

2. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

Unscrew all the connections for the shower head and look for sand, grit, or gravel clogging it, particularly at the screen.

Raycfe and Sjm9911 like this.
  3. Jonnieb

Jonnieb New Member

I had trouble lighting my water heater the first couple of times I tried to use it. Turned out I was not directing the flame at the thermocouple accurately. See if you can find a video of someone lighting a similar heater. If it still won't work, the thermocouple itself may need to be replaced.

4. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Welcome from the Connecticut shoreline.

Any first time users I like to remind them to make sure the water heater is full of water ....... as a safety concern.

Here's a link to lighting a Suburban water heater ...... if it doesn't look like yours ... post the model of yours and I will find a different link.

5. mpking

mpking Well-Known Member

Faucet: The wand handle itself has a second on/off on it. You twist the showerhead, this might be your issue.

Raycfe posed a video, but here is a image I prepared a few years ago when I too needed to figure out how to light the water heater:
    [​IMG]