Rocky Mountain Rampage Rally

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by Mosbyranger, Jul 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nitty Gritty

Nitty Gritty I love RVing!!

Okay my side hurts from laughing, and my cheeks hurt from smiling. You all crackin' me up! about a month away!!! Getting excited!! Going out this weekend for a birthday party camp out. It will be the first of the year for us.

2. Mosbyranger

Mosbyranger Onward, thru the fog...

Well, July arrives and I'm getting pretty stoked. We decided to change our pot luck offering to a Dutch Oven pork green chili, I hope that does not blow anyone up. ONLY 17 days left. Please get yer fishin' face on, I want to see lots of large fish being caught. Keep them and eat them, or photo and toss back, it's all good. Once again, binoculars, spotting scopes and a good camera are advised. Remember, it's the Colorado high country, bring a set of warm clothes or two and some rain gear, showers are a possibility. I hope everyone is having a great summer so far, and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone.
    MR

3. bearman512

bearman512 Well-Known Member

The bearman clan is in. Will arrive in the area Wednesday late afternoon or evening. Does not look like any sites will be open at thirty mile and looks like we will head up to Lost Trail for boon-docking.
    Mosbyranger do you know anyone boon-docking that we can meet up with? I have no problems with 4wd trails to get to a site.
    Also what day is the potluck and is there a list of things that folks will bring?
    DW and I can't wait to meet with fellow pupers!

4. 14erfam

14erfam Member

I think our resident fly fishing queen Kim Ciara will be up there boondocking. She has a cute little Flagstaff, an orange Ram, and a ferocious little shelty!

5. Mosbyranger

Bearman Clan- Welcome! there is a small boondocking campground just past the reservoir. Do stop in Riverhill campground, they have a couple of first come first serve sites there. this campground is just about a half mile from Thirty Mile. Kim Ciara and OGeer are scheduled to be boondocking, PM them for an exact location. The Potluck is Thursday, check the previous page for what people are bringing... I can barely remember myself. There is a fishing contest going on, if you fish. Bring them in or a photo will do nicely. Watch out though, Kim dominates trout like no ones business.

As far as boondocking goes, there should be no shortage of sites, especially if you want to venture 3-6 miles past the reservoir, absolutely spectacular scenery. Looking forward to seeing you all.
    MR

6. ogeer3

ogeer3 New Member

Bearman512,
    Otis Geer here. I am planning to set up camp at Lost Trail campground if I can get a spot there, if not there then further up the road. There are a few nice places a little further up the road. We were there last year. We have a green/white Skamper sport and a dark blue Silverado and a blue Yamaha 4-wheeler. Everyone is welcome.

7. bearman512

14erfam, Mosbyranger, and ogeer3. Thanks for the info and we will be looking for you all as we arrive and drive through the campgrounds.
    Now for the important question. I have been known to make the best New Mexico green chili stew and Pasole so the question would be which do you want?

8. 14erfam

14erfam Member

Few things better in life than good green chile! Thanks Bearman512!

9. Mosbyranger

Bearman Clan- I spent yesterday smoking up 2 pork shoulder roasts, making them into pulled pork, then Mrs MR further turned them into Pork Green Chili. we plan on bringing that to the pot luck.

Do not let that dissuade you from bringing New Mexico Chili to the pot luck. IMHO- the Chili is the absolute best vegetable of all time, and if I have to eat 2 different kinds, oh well, poor me. I'll restate to you what I said previously to Kit- New Mexico has the BEST chilis in the world. Bring them on. Chili stew or pasole, I'll have to do the happy dance.

Looking forward to it.
    MR

10. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Hi there-
    Looks like it is shaping up. Bearman, if you want to check, there are usually some FCFS sites in Thirty Mile, or have been other times we've stayed there.

We're planning in bringing chips, and an assortment of NM salsas, and oatmeal-chocolate chip cookies. [We're going to vacuum pack them to keep them fresher, and not so easy to eat ahead of the pot luck.] Posole or chili stew are great.

We're looking forward to the trip - our camping season has been a bit odd this year, between DH's bike accident in April (we camped anyway, but...) forest restrictions and fires, not to mention my being stuck in Tucson for almost a week longer than the visit was planned to be, after major TV issues (at least it was there and not on a back road somewhere).

11. bearman512

I will make up a couple pans of my Camp style Green Chili chicken enchiladas and a pot of pasole. I might even bring some of my homemade lemon bars.
    1 of my hobbies is cooking!

12. ogeer3

ogeer3 New Member

First dibs on the enchiladas and a big bowl of pasole. Can't wait to get out of this 100* weather here in Texas.

13. Kim Ciara

Kim Ciara Trout Tickler

Hey Mike!

Bonnie says, "Arf!" to you, that little ferocious thing that she is!

Yeah, I'll be there boondocking, with the infamous and ferocious Sheltie, Bonnie the Shark-Like Sheltie. She's shark-like, 'cause she has to keep moving...

Honestly, she's never bitten anything or anyone. Except my pillows... for about a year she's had a thing for pillows... she just turned three earlier this month, and should out-grow this fetish. She's a sweet girl, and totally harmless. Unless, of course, you look like a pillow. Hence the name, "Bonnie... She Who Destroys Pillows."

I'll most likely be making jambalaya. Hope everyone likes it kinda' spicey.

And Bonnie and I will be in the same general area as Ogeer3. My truck is a copper color, not orange. But I dunno! Might be orange... I'll probably have a green canoe, and a green Arctic Cat ATV with me, and shouldn't be hard to spot. Just look for a Sheltie destroying a pillow in the forest.

Glad you'll be making it, too, bearman512! Sure to be a good time!

See ya's all there!

Happy Camping!

Kim

14. bearman512

#2 The heat is reason for going to the Rally.
    #1 is because we love going to Colorado.

15. Mosbyranger

Hmmmm....... one of my hobbies is eating..........yeah, I think this is coming together nicely
    MR

16. 14erfam

14erfam Member

Hey Kim, you realize by "ferocious", I meant overly cute friendly and lovable. I will however, keep our pillows under lock and key. [;)]

17. Kim Ciara

Kim Ciara Trout Tickler

Hey Mike!

While at the rally, you best girt your pillows and run like the devil! Bonnie may be overly cute, friendly, and lovable, but she's on pillow patrol, lately. ha!

SO looking forward to seeing everyone at the rally! Certain to be a good time!

Kim

18. bearman512

Kim we will be looking to camp somewhere near you so Ozzy the hairless wonder can have a friend to get crazy with.
    Here is a pic of him with his farmers tan at Sitting Bull Falls! Don't laugh to hard. Yes he is ugly but he is a pretty good stress toy.
    [​IMG]

19. Kim Ciara

Kim Ciara Trout Tickler

Hiya's Bearman512!

Actually, Ozzy is quite cute! I'm certain Bonnie will enjoy playing with him! In this pic, she's guarding the "welcome mat" and camper... *ARF!*

[​IMG]

See ya's there, bearman512, and everyone else!

Kim

20. Nitty Gritty

Nitty Gritty I love RVing!!

Anxious as ever just a week and a half away from departure for us! (Giggles) I keep thinking bear country .. and getting a bit nervous, lol! But Johnathan and I are so excited to get out of the heat! We are with Ogeer on that one for sure! Must remember to pack winter clothing this time for Colorado weather. ;) I was wondering if we had a head count thread for the attendees of the rally? I thought we had but I cannot seem to locate it now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.