Roof crack - Selling Advice

Discussion in 'Roof/Floor Repair & Maintenance' started by nipper404, Jul 21, 2018.

1. nipper404

nipper404 New Member

Listed my 2008 Fleetwood Santa Fe PUP for sale on FB Marketplace last week. I currently have it uncovered at a storage lot. Went to go get it this weekend to take home and setup for someone interested in buying and noticed about a 2 ft crack in the roof coming from under the AC unit. Read on this forum that the crack may be due to design of cutout for AC unit and they are known to have crack from high stress area in corners of cutout. Got it home and sure enough found evidence of leaking and mildew on canvas. Unfortunately I don’t have the time to do the fix myself. Had my first prospective buyer show up tonight and offer $2000 for it based on the condition. Is it a fair offer? I paid $3200 for it and looking at Kelly Blue book it estimated a value of $4500. Trying to decide if I should take offer or take risk of finding an rv repair shop to fix and sell for higher price?

Attached Files:

2. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

I would have taken the 2000 bucks.

3. emoney

emoney Well-Known Member

If you’re not doing the work yourself get an estimate and then decide. Plus check the market in your area. What are similar units selling for minus the repairs and that’s the value.

4. nipper404

nipper404 New Member

Can anyone get me an idea of what a repair like those costs? All repair shops are closed today today.

5. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

I would probably have taken the offer, if I did not want to do the repairs myself.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  6. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Keep it listed , only the market , supply demand will tell you what it's worth. I wouldent attempt the work, you nwvwr know what problums you will run into. Just reduce the price. 2000 might be a good price. Is the canvas hard? Or just stained?