Roof fan.

Discussion in 'Wiring' started by utah steve, May 14, 2016.

1. utah steve

utah steve New Member

I need to install a ceiling fan. Can I connect wires to 12V portable fan/ light? No ceiling light.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

2. utah steve

utah steve New Member

I mean to the plug,for the fan/light.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

3. Dubbya

Dubbya Wherever you go, there you are...

I installed a vent fan and tapped into the light circuit, drilled through the wood frame around the roof vent opening, drilled through a steel cross member in the ceiling, pushed a coat hanger to make a channel through the Styrofoam in the ceiling then pulled the wires through the channel with a fish tape.

Alternatively, if you've got ceiling lights, there will be a pocket with a pair of wires that runs up the tenting behind the galley or in the corner nearest the galley. You should see some wire nuts inside the pocket at the top or bottom so you can tap in there.

Is that what you're asking or do you not have ceiling lights at all?

4. mrshanson

mrshanson New Member

We are also looking to install a roof fan. We have a Fleetwood SantaFe with ceiling lights on both ends. Is there anything we should be looking out for? We currently have no vent in the roof and will have to cut a hole and start from scratch. Is there anywhere to go to get schematics of the roof so we don't cut anything important?

5. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member Platinum Supporting Member

@mrshanson
    Are there 4 tiny buttons on your ceiling, in a square pattern? On our 2010 Coleman, those marked the location for an optional vent.