Roof Height (Dutchman 1203)

marajade2

Sep 22, 2021
Hey my first pup is a 2014 Dutchman 1203, I think my roof height is off, I know its like supposed to be 7' or so open, but I have different heights in each corner. I've looked and looked everywhere for a manual, something that tells me the height of the roof, or even the height of the support posts, I cant find anything. I've emailed Dutchman as well and they haven't gotten back to me. Does anyone own a 1203 and could either tell me the height of the roof or the height of the supports posts or how long the roof measuring cable should be.

thanks

marajade2

Sep 22, 2021
the top of the pop up leans to the one side and I've cut support bars out of wood and they are all different heights. So I guess I was just wondering which one is correct. And if I order the support bars, they want to know how many inches I need.

brettstoner

Jun 17, 2014
Toledo, OH
I would level the camper, make sure the door works properly, and the canvas is snug but not taut. Then level the other three posts to match the height that works the best (canvas snug, door opens/closes without binding, etc.). Or if everything works fine then just leave it and not worry about it.

Dec 3, 2017
Hey my first pup is a 2014 Dutchman 1203, I think my roof height is off, I know its like supposed to be 7' or so open, but I have different heights in each corner. I've looked and looked everywhere for a manual, something that tells me the height of the roof, or even the height of the support posts, I cant find anything. I've emailed Dutchman as well and they haven't gotten back to me. Does anyone own a 1203 and could either tell me the height of the roof or the height of the supports posts or how long the roof measuring cable should be.

thanks
As others have said, be certain the camper is level. First, side to side then front to rear. Follow instructions for raising your camper and if stabilizing jacks go down before raising the top. Once the camper is stable, measure the height of each corner and determine if there is a slight difference in height of more than a half inch. You can find cable adjustment directions online but, you need to lower the top to something like 2 x 4's laying flat on top of the beds to support the roof and keep if from closing completely. Underneath the camper, there is a plate held in place with bolts. All 4 lifting cables are routed under the plate. Under the plate is a device where the cables come together and move on a jack screw. as you raise the roof, the cables tighten and reach out to each corner. There is most likely eye bolts attached to the cables with threaded ends. If you tighten a bolt, it will raise the respective corner and if you loosen it, it will lower the corner. I would suggest about a 1/4" of travel on an adjustment bolt relates to about 1" of roof height adjustment. There may be a degree of trial and error making the adjustments. Note: the metal plate is coated with grease and that needs to be there. Also, don't attempt to raise or lower the top until the metal plate is bolted back in position. As others have said, the canvas shouldn't be too tight or floppy loose. If your door goes in easily, that should be an indication of a good height and try to adjust to it. Look around and you may find a video or more complete instructions. I've done my Fleetwood and the biggest hassle was removing and re-installing the metal plate every time I finished an adjustment. It takes a little time but, you should be able to do it. Be patient and be certain it's level.