Roof not square when closed and latched.

Discussion in 'First Time & New Camper Owners' started by 97Widerider, Apr 6, 2013.

1. 97Widerider

97Widerider Making Memories

I have noticed that the roof on my 10 year old Viking is not completely square when closed and latched. I have made sure the canvas is not in the way when closing. It isn't bad and the roof still shuts completely without forcing it down or having to square it up before latching. I just noticed a little more of a gap on one side than the other.

Is this typical of a 10 year old popup? What are some common causes of this? Thx

2. bknjohnson

bknjohnson Tyngsboro MA

Mine is doing the same thing, and that's where critters got in and destroyed the canvas one winter. I noticed this spring that when popped up, the front height is lower than the rear, so a roof height adjustment is needed. Hopefully I'll get that done tomorrow and maybe that will fix it. You might pop yours up and take a measurement at each corner to see if you have the same problem. I don't have any issues closing and latching, however I do have an issue installing the door when popped up which led me to the roof height problem.

3. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

Mine has done this ever since we used the awning ONE time. It wasn't pulled tight, there was no wind, and the stake ropes were not pulling. Everytime I close her up now, the top sits about 1/2-1" to the curb side. I was hoping to get that fixed before my April trip at the end of the month, but the guy I found to do it has been uber-busy. He's a garbage truck driver by day, and repair guy at night. With our weather being what it's been (TWO snow storms in April??), he also gets tagged to drive snow plows on the rural roads.

I guess my first priority should be to install two roof supports on opposite corners, until I get it all figured out.

[:D]

4. CampGraham

CampGraham New Member

Mine doesn’t sit perfectly square either. There is a gap on the “driver” side (Coachman Clipper 2010). Looking for some advice as well.

Attached Files: