Roof rebuild - 1993 Starcraft Meteorite

Discussion in 'Roof/Floor Repair & Maintenance' started by Heather-Bee, May 28, 2021.

1. Heather-Bee

Heather-Bee New Member

So we are new to the world of tent trailer ownership! We bought a very cheap, but damaged trailer.
    1993, Starcraft, Meteorite, Used
    Vancouver Island, Canada

We are rebuilding the sidewalls of the roof (luckily the actual roof is solid). I have three questions though.
    1. What adhesive should I use to glue the new plywood to the old aluminum skins?
    2. Where can I source a roof seal gasket for around the roof? (I have found that they discontinued the particular year we have, so how do I know what else might fit?)
    3. The roof has an aluminum skin, I want to repaint it, what is the best sealant/paint for the job?

Please note that many products I see on Youtube tutorials or on this page are not available in Canada.

Thanks a bunch!

2. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

1. An exterior construction adhesive.
    2. You may have to improvise.
    3. Use a self etching primer

Tom Z and Heather-Bee like this.
  3. Rottiegirl

Rottiegirl Member

Epoxy or PL 3x construction adhesive. Hannarv.com, search for roof seal, they have an assortment of different seals and lengths. The paint I don’t know. The sides of mine are aluminum, also need painted so I’ll be watching the responses you get for ideas.

Heather-Bee and Tom Z like this.