Roof Repair & re-paint using Grizzly Grip

Discussion in 'Roof/Floor Repair & Maintenance' started by grcooperjr, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Bombay Beach

Bombay Beach New Member

Would you recommend the grizzly grip, or use another product like Durabak or Scorpions based on your experience?

2. grcooperjr

grcooperjr Lunatic

Well.....

I've had it on there since 2009 and the first 3 seasons were ok... But it's starting to loose adhesion and peel. So with that I'd say no. I haven't decided what to paint it with this time around yet. More than likely it will have to wait until next year.

3. grcooperjr

grcooperjr Lunatic

Hi All....

I thought I'd update this post a bit.

I got around to removing the old failed Grizzly Grip from the roof. What a chore. We ended up adding a layer of glass cloth and resin to repair damage inflicted by getting the paint off. We painted it with Dycor's EPDM coating for fiberglass. Worked really well. If you have Facebook, here is a link to the public pictures of the repair... https://www.facebook.com/rayc2/media_set?set=a.10203190606419109.1073741832.1026488156&type=3.

Looks good so far.