Route Planning Software, etc.

Discussion in 'GPS / Geocaching & Mapping Applications' started by Miles2go, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Miles2go

Miles2go Mountains Baby

I have MS Street & Trips from 2004 and a Droid Phone that navigates via Google Maps, which is pretty slick. That said, I like pre-planning on something like Streets & Trips and wonder if I should upgrade as I start to plan a trip from Colorado to some of the parks in the Canadian Rockies. What I like about the S & T program is that it can search a radius for campsites, etc and is easy to do in advance of being on the road.

Can anyone compare MS S & T to the trip planning abilities on the Good Sam's Club site? That or AAA is another route I'd consider for route planning if anyone can compare those services to MS S & T.

2. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

I can't help with those particular programs but in general you might find THIS useful.

3. Miles2go

Miles2go Mountains Baby

Nice. Very nice indeed, aside from excluding tent only campsites...which I'm actually glad it doesn't include, kinda. The site you linked to will likely be a very good companion to MS Street & Trips.

With S & T, you plug in your proposed average speed, how often you'll be stopping for fuel or breaks, the time of day you'll start traveling and the time of day you want to be off the road, and it shows you where you'll be by the end of each day. Most of that is in a saved profile so all you have to do is plug the from/to in and it's done.

What else is out there on the order of MS Street & Trips?