Rubber Ducky Resort - good or bad?

Discussion in 'Manitoba' started by paulberard, Jun 27, 2013.

1. paulberard

paulberard New Member

We booked a 4 night stay at RDR in Warren MB this weekend, with a recommendation of some acquaintances who love their seasonal spot, mainly because of the activities for their 5 year old. We have a 5 and 1 year old, so we booked an electric+water site and convinced some other friends to come along.
    I'm now reading some horrible reviews online (I know, 17 bad reviews in how-many-thousands of people who camped there since 2009) Big deal right? I guess so...... And to throw me off completely, there are a few amazing reviews thrown in there.... I guess I'll assume this is the bad review of a few disgruntled people with unrealistic expectations of the "cleanliness" of a campground office and shower? Anyone been there?
    I should add I'm all for trying a place out before bashing it, just a tiny bit weary and looking for a pick-me-up :)

2. matwiyj

matwiyj Active Member

Good.

A family group we hang out with has gone there at least once each summer for the last 4 or 5 years and we love it. The swimming pools are great and the kids spend many hours having fun. There are traditional camping spaces, plus a cabin and 4 motel-type rooms that makes it a great destination for a large group like ours where some are campers and some are not. The "new" area is still very early in development (small trees), but if you can book in the "old" area close to the pools and playground most sites have large trees and plenty of shade.

It's a campground and the bathrooms and common areas look like a campground. If you want sparkling clean then go to the Hilton, but I doubt your kids would have fun there. Dirty, tired kids are happy kids and for that, Rubber Ducky is the place to go.