Rude Campers!

Discussion in 'Campground Etiquette' started by jamb046, May 6, 2015.

1. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Making noise in the early morning the get back at the obnoxious campers is just as rude, since other campers get to hear that noise too.

2. phipps

phipps Member

Walking into someone's camper is liable to get you shot!

3. jamb046

jamb046 Member

Especially in Texas!!

4. froggie

froggie New Member

In my experience, private campgrounds usually have noisier campers and less on-site supervision. Confronting them, especially when they outnumber you and are drunk, does little good. Been there and done that. Try to avoid weekends, especially holiday weekends, and mark it up to a bad experience.

5. tfischer

tfischer Well-Known Member

Some of us kinda hafta work during the week :(

6. dcbain

dcbain New Member

Some of us are retired and can choose weekdays - whoopee!

7. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

As I stated before, if you do retaliate, you're going to be disturbing the other campers who have already been subjected to the cause of your wrath.

We stayed overnight at a commercial campground this weekend, on the way home from a long trip. This one seems to very from quite nice to - as in this past Saturday night - filled with lots of "casual" campers, in addition to many seasoned and thoughtful ones. (We use it a couple of times a year, since it is a good first/last night stop.) It did calm down about as soon as quiet hours began, at 10 p.m. One thing I found rude, not to mention scary, was the number of youngsters allowed to ride bikes and skateboards (as in sitting on the skateboard, so very low to the ground) pretty much everywhere, in all directions. As a driver, trying to park the rig, exit and reenter the campground, then tow it out in the morning, this was very difficult. As we came back from sightseeing, I had to exit the TV DH was trying to back in, and shoo kids away (one was circling the area in front of our site, then watch while he parked it - there was an adult "in charge" who seemed completely oblivious to the whole thing - not sure what she was watching, but it was not the kids.

8. dcbain

dcbain New Member

It's another weekday and we mouldy oldies are camped on a favourite site just outside the historic city of York. Are you jealous, yet? The noisiest things here are a blackbird who's singing his socks off across the road and a mallard who visits fairly regularly with her nine ducklings - all of them going peep peep peep as they waddle past.

9. tfischer

tfischer Well-Known Member

You must alert the camp host over this. When children are allowed to run noisily amuck throughout the campground, everyone suffers... and it's inexcusable that the adult not only allows this but evidently encourages it!

[:D]

10. dcbain

dcbain New Member

"the adult not only allows this but evidently encourages it!" My sister in law said in her best snooty voice "why are they here, have you been feeding them? So we said, "Yes, they like crushed bran Flakes". I don't think she was very impressed . . . .