Ryobi Inflator run time

Discussion in 'Tires / Brakes / Bearings / Axles' started by undara12, Aug 22, 2021.

1. undara12

undara12 Member

I have a Ryobi P747 inflator. On one page of the manual, it says to run the inflator for 5 minutes and let it cool for 5 minutes before running again. On another page it says 10 minutes on and 10 minutes off.

I called customer service and was told to run until the inflator cuts itself off and then let it cool for 5 or 10 minutes. Any thoughts on this?

2. Tarkus

Tarkus Member

The manual I just read says..."Allow pump to cool for five (5) minutes after each five (5) minutes of continuous use...."

3. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

I have that inflator. I have used it a couple times to top off tires, unless the tire is flat, it usually runs 5-10 min. I got mine on clearance for cheap a while back, so I treat it as disposable. I’ll run and abuse it until it dies, at which point I’ll get a Viair one which is far better, although 12v corded.

Fish N Farm and gladecreekwy like this.
  4. gladecreekwy

gladecreekwy Well-Known Member

When that thing quits get a Viair.

Fish N Farm and theseus like this.
  5. undara12

undara12 Member

Yep, that is on page 3. Look near the bottom of page 5. "NOTICE: The inflator is not designed for continuous use. For every ten minutes of inflator use, ten minutes of cool down time is required."

6. undara12

undara12 Member

I think the Ryobi is not the best choice if you want an inflator to store, long term, in a vehicle for emergency use.

I intend to carry it on camping trips for emergency tire use and for using the low pressure feature to inflate the air bags in my white water canoe. I will also use it at home for maintenance of tires including the lawn mower.

I like not having to worry about where I'm going to plug in the inflator. I had already bought into the Ryobi battery system.

gladecreekwy likes this.