Saco River Campground, North Conway, NH

Discussion in 'New Hampshire' started by Nancyv, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Nancyv

Nancyv New Member

Any recent campers there? We're headed up this weekend and are excited to have a spot right on the river with power and water. Will be like staying at the Ritz! I have seen 2 recent negative reviews, made well after I made the reservation... Getting a little concerned, would really appreciate feedback from this season. Thanks in advance.

2. Garywt

Garywt New Member

How was your trip? We looked at this campground and we were going to go but they told us it was a 5 night minimum and we wanted only the weekend or maybe 3 nights.

3. Jim1205

Jim1205 New Member

How was the Campsite? Ive actually heard that it is a good place. We pass it when we go camping.

4. Desird97

Desird97 New Member

We are booked here for a week in August, would love to here some feedback.

5. Ductape

Ductape Well-Known Member

I am looking forward to some actual feedback on this place. While we are in the area, we stopped there to take a look at the place (as we sometimes do when considering a weeks stay at a campground we have never stayed in). They told us we could not drive through the campground, as they do not allow outsiders in. For the record, we were in my truck with a tote tank strapped to the roof rack, so it would seem obvious we are campers.

One thing I'm having a hard time with, even though we have not stayed here yet, is their signs at the entrance stating ' no outside wood allowed '. On their website, it says it is because they care about their forests. As far as I can see, not allowing wood in that has been cut right in Conway is not caring for the forest, it is greed. I can't imagine what it would cost to have a campfire in the evening for a week stay there, being locked in to only being able to buy wood at their office.

For the sake of comparison, both Glen Ellis Campground, and Eastern Slope Campground both had no problem with us taking a ride through their CGs, with map and pricing in hand..... so we could get an idea where in the GC we might want to stay.

6. cjgonegolfing

cjgonegolfing Member

We have camped at Saco River Camping Area several times over the years. We have always enjoyed it. It is clean and well maintained. We have only been once since the new owners took over, but it was still very nice and clean. They have a good mix of sites......some are huge....some not so huge....and the river is awesome. The washrooms are not the newest, and they are a bit small...but they are clean.

Cheers