sad day

Discussion in 'A-Frame PopUps' started by bob barnes, Oct 5, 2017.

1. bob barnes

bob barnes Well-Known Member

Yesterday my A-Liner Scout pulled out of my driveway by a new owner. I hope he loves her the way we did the one year we pulled her all over the US was a happy one until the back surgery hit.

I got full boat for her and even at that he got an excellent camper and a bargain I bought her right and sold it the same way. I love A-Liners!!!

I will still visit here have some good pals to banter with!!

bob

2. megcabra

megcabra Well-Known Member

You’ll always have fantastic memories to look back on. And just think of all the happynes your A-Liner will be giving the new family for years to come.

Hopefully the new owner will join the portal and you can still be connected with their journeys.

bob barnes likes this.
  3. jacrabbitt

jacrabbitt Active Member

Think of it this way Bob...One door closed and anther opened.

bob barnes likes this.
  4. bob barnes

Yep sort of a darksider now!! still no pottie or runnin water, no zinc Can you believe I got run off a board for using zinc!

5. jacrabbitt

jacrabbitt Active Member

Zinc ? lost on that one bro. The Scamp doesn't have plumbing? I don't know that much about them. Saw one at my fav CG last time out. Looked pretty cool. And would pull nice. This look tobe about 16 or 17 long.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
    bob barnes likes this.
  6. bob barnes

See you missed out zinc 2 holer no water hand water pump had water sometimes wood heat 1 light per room big console radio still trying to think of stuff. no idea what a zinc is?

7. jacrabbitt

jacrabbitt Active Member

LOL ...I still call em that

bob barnes likes this.
  8. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

No need to run off Mr Bob... I've been down for a year now trying to get a battery bank going.

Nobody has told me to go home yet haha... I imagine my camping stories are getting old to everyone by now... I just keep re-arranging my punch line hehe...

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
    bob barnes likes this.
  9. sleach

sleach A short run will get you within walking distance.

When we bought our Chalet Arrowhead I sensed the sellers regret at parting with this interesting trailer. He was from Idaho, I'm in Boulder, we met at Evanston, WY.

I sent him reports on our trips- aspen viewing, moose watching, pheasant hunt, etc. Then one day the email bounced back. Found his obit in the Idaho Falls newspaper.

bob barnes likes this.
  10. DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl Active Member

Bob,

I agree with the others.

Yes, it’s sad to say goodbye to your Aliner BUT... another family will get to enjoy it too. Aliners/Aframes are a great and unique trailer to get out and go camping. Also REMEMBER that you helped a family start their own camping adventures in an Aliner. They will get to experience the same things you loved about camping in an Aliner.

Maybe we will hear about their adventures on this forum. It’s nice to have more Aframe members join us. More ideas and more experiences.

And you don’t have to have an Aliner to be part of our Aliner/Aframe Family. You have valuable information and experiences to share.

Happy Camping...[ALPU][PUT]

11. Sushidog

Sushidog Active Member

Well said, DiamondGirl!

Chip

DiamondGirl likes this.
  12. bob barnes

Well as most of you know we are from a tenter nation we love tenting but health forced me out the A-Liner was close. I will be in a 13f Scamp but I have many pals here to fuss with get our feathers ruffled once in awhile but we always get back together. I asked Steve to install a Scamp and Casita forum but I don't know if he saw it yet.

I am not done yet! We are still barebooned cheap campers out to see our world!

bob

13. bob barnes

nah roy enjoy your stuff!

14. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

Bob - Roger on the barebooned cheap stuff... Sometimes I have to rub two sticks together to keep warm haha.... I will be making a few runs the end of this season just using my truck and sleeping in the back seat area...

Been watching the squirrels around here and they are really packing it in now. The acorns are really small this year around here for some reason. I starting to think we may be in for a strange winter here this year... The last real cold spell we have had here was in the 70s... Gonna build up my firewood good this season - Fireplace with fan is our only source of heat in the house along with some electric heaters in the rooms.. My central heat went out many years back...

May have to setup in my camper this winter and live under my big 30x30 tarp around a bon-fire hehe... been there done that already a couple of times... Snug as a bug...
    [​IMG]
    Roy's image
    Roy Ken
    [​IMG]

15. bob barnes

Well Roy I grew up cheap no indoor plumbing, no heat, no water remember the bit Sat. night wash tub brought in? Well that's me. When I read all the must have tters must have it makes me laugh including now ice cream freezers!

Fatherinlaws favorite saying poor people have poor ways still applies to me. Haha.

Sometime our wants get in front of our needs don't they? My most memorable camping trips taken in that Cabelas Alasken guide tent which Cablelas will soon be gone!

have a good day wish I could go out and tug on my chain saws but I am done! Not fun anymore!

bob