Saint Andrews State Park

Discussion in 'Florida' started by tzmartin, Jan 4, 2017.

1. tzmartin

tzmartin Well-Known Member

Just got back from St. Andrews SP in Panama City, FL. Great place to stay. You are in the middle of a busy beach town but feel like you're in the middle of no where. The park features a great boat ramp, a couple of fishing piers, and excellent beach access with showers and changing rooms. The road loop is no more than 3 miles so it's easy to bike to the beach and the hiking areas. Two trails are very short. A lot of birdwatchers are around taking pictures.

The campground is on the bay side and has nice modern comfort stations. One big playground area features a couple of horseshoe pits. We stayed on the inner part of the pine grove loop on site 113. Many sites are spacious but inner loops don't have much of a view. When we go back we will try to reserve a site on the water so we can put our chairs in the shallow water and get our toes wet. My recommendations for sites are as follows: 101, 102, 104, 106, 108, 110, 112 114--anything west of that you get a view but you can't access the water because of the marshy grass. On the lagoon campground, I recommend: all the even numbered sites along the water.

Inner loops sites aren't bad, they just don't have the view I'd like on a beach vacation. We spent most of our time off the site anyway. Reserveamerica in Florida lets you reserve specific sites, 11 months in advance.

Hope this helps!

2. thelmuth

thelmuth Member

It is a lovely campground. We spent 4 nights there last summer over the 4th of July. We could see the city's fireworks from the beach, albeit not close enough to hear the BOOMs. Biggest impression was the air conditioned bathhouses. We have not found that in any other FL State Park.

3. fishtec50

fishtec50 Member

I love St Andrews. Been there several times. Most sites are shaded pretty well. Great for bike riding, fishing, swimming, beach kyak etc.... The jetties provide an excellent opportunity to do some scuba diving as well.

Sent from my XT1094 using Tapatalk