San Francisco to Seattle; Campgrounds with cabins, yurts, etc.

Discussion in 'Campground / Trip Planning & Suggestions ?' started by Harrelldjr, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Harrelldjr

Harrelldjr Member

I am planning a trip next summer flying into San Francisco and flying out of Seattle. I want to visit Lassen Volcanic, Redwoods, Crater Lake and Olympic National parks on the way. I'm looking for suggestions on campgrounds along the way that have cabins, yurts, etc available to rent. Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. Daver314

Daver314 New Member

KOA has "Kamping Kabins" at a lot of their sites. You can map them out on their website and book everything online. KOA is kind of the walmart of camping, but it does the trick. That's how I used to travel on my motorcycle.

3. Pozi

Pozi Member

There are an abundance of yurts along the Oregon coast. We've stayed in a few while visiting the nearby sand dunes.

4. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

KOAs have cabins, and in some places other accommodations (Flagstaff has teepees). Many state parks are adding yurts and cabins to their campgrounds, so check out any parks that may be on your route.

5. Overland

Overland Active Member

Check out the National Forest Service website.. most states have cabin and other structure rentals.

I'v stayed in some stellar cabins on road trips to Montana..

6. cuppajoe

cuppajoe New Member

Also check out the Washington State Parks website. Several of them have yurts and/or cabins that you can reserve online.

7. David Blackwell

David Blackwell Member