Santos Trailhead Campground, Ocala, FL

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by Dammitjim, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Dammitjim

Dammitjim New Member

Has anyone camped here? A search on the forum returned 0 results.
    We are camping there in a couple of weeks and I'd like to know what to look forward to and what to be ready for ;) Of course, we are bringing our bikes [;)] and hope it's not too cold [sf] for us thin blooded Floridians [SUN]

2. speckhunter80

speckhunter80 Well-Known Member

3. Dammitjim

Dammitjim New Member

Thanks speckhunter80, but I was looking for more about the campground and from the perspective of a PUP, HTT, or TT. Anybody else camped here?

4. bflentje

bflentje Member

Never camped there. But I've been to Scott Springs Park in Ocala and discovered the "very excited" tree. You might find the tree on the way to the hole in the wall archaeological site, which is located at N 29° 09.762 W 082° 09.750. I can't say much more because this is a family friendly site. If you discover where my website is you might catch a glimpse without having to visit. [}:)]

5. Dammitjim

Dammitjim New Member

I will try to post a review on this campground since it has its pros and cons, but I do have to say that if you are into mountain biking or want your kids to do some exciting dirt jumping, this is the place to go to! I biked Friday through Sunday on all trails (easy, moderate, and advanced) and I had a blast. I am sore, but the trails are sooo much fun. My kids that are 8, 6, and 5 rode their own bikes on the easy trails and really enjoyed it. I even towed a bike trailer for my 3 y/o twins and they had fun. It was cold for Florida because temps dropped to 32 at night, but nothing a good fire wouldn't cure.
    The campground is nothing special, but there were very nice people. Everyone is there to bike and have a fun safe time.