Saturday Morning Finds, what did you find?

Discussion in 'Deals too good not to share!' started by brit, May 7, 2011.

1. cwolfman13

cwolfman13 Active Member

That's awesome.....I've been thinking about getting one instead of using our big, bulky folding table. They're just so expensive......

Might have to start hitting up yard sales.

2. LakePUP

LakePUP Member

We found a brand new battery charger for $5

3. Penny Logan

Penny Logan The traveling teepee in her Dreamcatcher

I got a tall, slender, rolling rack made of canvas with slots for clothes, towels, and hanging sections on the side for more stuff for $5 . Fits perfect in the closet of HTT. Woman said her daughter used it in the dorm room.

4. TheShulaShack

TheShulaShack New Member

We got a new window shaker for our popup as the old one died. $50 for 8000btu only a month old. =) Yeah for AC in FL!

5. Matt O

Matt O Strangers are friends who have not yet met

DW and I got a few toddler toys....always plentiful at garage sales. I did score some 3 gallon buckets that I will set up for my gray water tank. Currently I use a 5 gallon bucket on its side and it just doesn't work right. These 3 gallon buckets will have to be changed about 2/5 more often [LOL] but I got 6 of them.

6. Rockwood Guy

Rockwood Guy New Member

I drove past a garage sale then got a little bit down the road and got that I might be missing "something" feeling. JACKPOT!!!!! I bought a cast iron kettle, pot, grill grate and two pans for a total of $20!!!!!!!!! I also bought a 2 person tent, flashlight and soft cooler for another $10. So excited I can straight home to post it on here lol! [:D] I have no idea why the picture uploaded sideways sorry. [CP]

[​IMG]

7. Craig57

Craig57 New Member

The camp kitchen is awesome!! Does that have a triple sink?
    Every chance I get I look for some extra cast iron cookware; no luck yet. Way to go Rockwood Guy!!
    Buddy of mine just gave me a like new dual fuel Coleman stove. Grew up with the old white gas type but switched to propane back in the 80's. Looking forward to trying out the new one soon.

8. RhinoDave

RhinoDave Active Member

In the past, I've managed to find some great items at garage sales. This year, I've only gotten one item so far at a church rummage sale for the grand price of $1.00 It's one of those hanging organizers and it got used on our first camping trip of the year.
    [​IMG]

9. Pockets

Pockets Member

Last night I bought a pair of vintage Coleman stove side shelves or trays. I had to beg and then pay dearly but I'm happy!

10. thegoodlife

thegoodlife New Member

I found this Coleman light at Camping World clearanced for 11.12 with a regular price of 36.66. Looks like a great light to leave in PU. Not a Saturday morning find but still a good find.
    [​IMG]

11. heathdavis

heathdavis New Member

Well, last week I got the popup at a yard sale! Spent a whole $50 on it, too.

Then this week I got a hitch ball at another yard sale so now we have one for both of our vehicles.

I also got 2 carry-on and one large Samsonite suitcase, all with wheels, all in very good to excellent condition, for a total of $18. I left this morning with the specific intent to look for luggage and I got it at the first sale I stopped at.

I'm now keeping my eye out for a portable A/C for the Pup.

I get a lot of clothes, shoes, CD's and books at yard sales also. A few weeks ago I got a nearly-new pair of TEVA sandals for 50 cents.

12. Penny Logan

Penny Logan The traveling teepee in her Dreamcatcher

I got a cast iron griddle and a cast iron skillet for $2.00 each....

13. heathdavis

heathdavis New Member

Yes, paying attention to that "little voice" really pays off sometimes. When I go out garage sale-ing, I let my intution tell me where to go first.

14. colorado_camper

colorado_camper Member

Damn, if I was you I'd set out on a Saturday morning going to yard sales and be looking for Krugerrands or gold bars or something.

15. Eanddrice

Eanddrice Member

[:D] I found a year old (date on tank) 20 lb gas tank for 5.00 and it was full of gas!!! [SUN]

16. johnlely14hw

johnlely14hw New Member

Our ntu pup! [:D]

17. loveit

loveit Member

We love Goodwill hopping. Found a porta potty at Goodwill in Conyers, Ga. for $5, we weren't even camping then. My hubby thought I was nuts for buying it. That was 5yrs ago, now we camp and he thinks I was smart for buying it. LOL.

18. dfab

dfab New Member

A new never used blue - gray water tank that listed in 05 for $117 got it for $ 25. [:D]

19. heathdavis

heathdavis New Member

I'll try it. [;)]

20. Assassin

Assassin New Member

bought a clam shell coleman case with a like new lantern for 15 friday at a yard sale, picked up a coleman 2 burner fuel sotve for 1.50 at a year sale and a free brinkman grill--smoker for FREE!!!!!! at another yard sale, it is soooooo nice and priced to move---free [:D]