Saturday Morning Finds, what did you find?

Discussion in 'Deals too good not to share!' started by brit, May 7, 2011.

1. NM Novice

NM Novice New Member

SCORED!!!!!! My workplace rotated several deep-cycle batteries our of service. Three years old and have been continually charged. I got two to use on my pup. Since they were being picked up for recycling, all of us campers had first rights on them to save the recycling fee. These were Interstate deep cycle batteries, three years old, and FREE for the taking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Penny Logan

Penny Logan The traveling teepee in her Dreamcatcher

NM Novice, it doesn't get any better than FREE Way to go!

3. RFryer

RFryer Hopkinton, MA

Not a garage sale item but I found a 12 qt camp DO for $30. They're around $180 new! I never find cast iron at yard sales [:(]

4. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

The estate sale and thrift store shopping has been a bust recently.

The PETT potty tent arrived today. Definitely used, but in very good shape, especially for the price on ebay; it has a couple of pinholes that K-tape will take care of just fine. Set it up, the YouTube video was helpful, but it would have been OK with the included directions. Will probably upgrade the original stakes, we usually have to for any canopy or tent.

5. colorado_camper

colorado_camper Member

Not Saturday but I just bought this solar panel kit for $125 this evening through CL.

http://www.harborfreight.com/45-watt-solar-panel-kit-90599.html

It was opened but never unpacked. The guy bought it for a long trip in his 5er but they ended up staying at developed cgs all the way so he never got around to using it. He just wanted it out of his garage. It's a step closer to going off the grid for me. [SUN]

6. Rockwood Guy

Rockwood Guy New Member

Second score!! I found the cast iron a couple weeks ago. Now I just found a portable toilet brand new in a sealed box at a garage sale for $20.

7. KateTheKamper

KateTheKamper Member

8. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

You got a good deal, they are currently $58 new! [http://www.nordicware.com/store/products/detail/belgian-waffler/215C232A-7C89-102A-B382-0002B3267AD7}

9. KateTheKamper

KateTheKamper Member

And the older models (like the one I bought) have the gauge on them, which the newer ones don't. I can hardly wait to make Belgian waffles with that thing, at home OR camping!

10. dichrodave

dichrodave New Member

Got a brand new DirectTV satellite dish and brand new tripod for $20.

11. RonB

RonB New Member

You remind me of a departed cousin. He could drive his pickup to the filling station to fill it up, and come home with a like-new radial arm saw, ten blades, dado head and every accessory you can think of -- for $75-$100. His wife just smiled and shook her head - she was the same way. Golden touch.

Good Buy.

RonB

12. campfreak

campfreak Active Member

Packing up at the state beach last weekend, take my trash out one last time. In the trash can is a Coleman lantern in a plastic hard case! I took it home, and the only thing I see wrong with it is it needs mantles, and the auto spark doesn't work. Actually, it does work, but the insulator is cracked, so the spark is way down by the base of the lantern. Probably made a good kaboom or 2, and someone got scared and threw it out.

Greg

13. mommabear

mommabear New Member

today was an excellent Garage Sale day!!! We found a street sale with over 20 yard sales on it! We picked up two old Coleman Lanterns with the plastic still on them, 50 cents each! one of those BIG blue water jugs for $2, a large enamel 'canning pot' with lid for $1, some dolls for DD2 to keep in the PUP for pplaying with on rainy days, a couple novels for the kids.... it was pretty good!

14. flip_floppin

flip_floppin New Member

A like new large igloo cooler for our drinks for $5 :)

15. brit

brit Loving-Life

well we took it camping for 2 weekends, it's a lot of work, setting up, taking down, someone at a camp ground said to me " keep it simplicity" I got thinking "why are we taking so much stuff just for a weekends", so we put this kitchen on CL and sold it in 2 days for $75, haha not bad profit, seem as we only paid $20.
    Now we are re-going through our camping stuff again.

16. brit

brit Loving-Life

17. brit

brit Loving-Life

18. KateTheKamper

KateTheKamper Member

Re-purposing is a first cousin to recycling. Way to go happycampersus!

19. brit

brit Loving-Life

thank you kate :)

20. Aladin Sane

Aladin Sane I'd rather be camping

I have scored several camping items at garage sales this year. I also saw several nice items that I passed on because I really didn't need them. I bought a firefly lantern stand new in the box for a dollar. I generally camp in areas with trees and use a chain lantern bracket to hang the lantern from a tree, but I thought it may be nice to have the option of putting the lantern in a treeless location. I also was thinking I needed to replace the enamel wear frying pan I was scrubbing scrambled eggs out of on our last camping trip with something a little more nonstick. I bought two food network hard anodized nonstick frying pans for $2.50 for the pair. They look like new. I already have a double burner nonstick griddle and a nice cast iron skillet, but I wanted these for small cooking jobs that I didn't want to spend a lot of time cleaning up afterwords.

The items I passed on included a like new coleman cook stove and lantern. These where for white gas. I already have a white gas lantern, but the lantern I use most and my coleman stove are both propane. I could have had the pair for $5.00. They where hard to pass up.