Saturday Morning Finds, what did you find?

Discussion in 'Deals too good not to share!' started by brit, May 7, 2011.

1. CarNutCass

CarNutCass Put a little gravel in your travel

I found a brand new Midland NOAA weather radio at the Fles Market yesterday. $10. Now I don't have to remember to bring the one we have at home. I'll mount this one in the camper. [:)C]

2. KateTheKamper

KateTheKamper Member

Sweet!

3. fergusonman

fergusonman Member

Fresh water pump still in the box....never used.....wanted 10 bucks for it....everyone sit down for this...fifty cents....it was 5 pm and they was closing down...best time to buy

4. Norfolk

Norfolk Just let me fix this one last thing.....

Saturday's expedition resulted in 2 Aerobeds ($5.00/ea) and a portable hammock with folding frame for $4.00.

I had never considered bringing a hammock to a campsite, but after trying this one out, I think it is going to be standard equipment for every trip.

5. Liliarose

Liliarose New Member

Spare tire cover $1, 2 padded folding boat/canoe/stadium seats $6, 2 brand new bucket cover seat covers $10, 7 brand new blouses with from Ross $14.

6. Penny Logan

Penny Logan The traveling teepee in her Dreamcatcher

mini fridge for $3.00 this is the kind , holds about a 12 pack, Plug in socket or cigarette lighter in TV, keeps stuff hot or cold. Will be great to use, til the fridge in HTT cools down. Has the home and car adapter with it. [8D]

7. papachaz

papachaz New Member

we're camping! i found waking to the sounds of the birds quite relaxing.... [;)]

8. novagirl

novagirl retired camper

Last summer the DH went alone to a couple of garage sales. He hit the jackpot. Found 2 coleman lanterns in their cases for $5 each, a Camel canvas tent with the price of $179.99 on the original box for $15, a couple of 6 gal water jugs for $1 each, a folding camping end table for $1 and a crock pot for the camper for $3. We were pretty stoked!! [:D] When you find useful stuff like that for such a low price it is exciting.

9. Dusty82

Dusty82 Active Member

It wasn't on a Saturday morning (it was this Friday afternoon,) but I found a 5 qt Dutch Oven just lying in the desert. There's no lid for it, it's rusty as heck, and the handle is bent, but I'm gonna clean it up and see what it looks like anyway.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I took a little vinegar and a stainless steel Chore Boy and spent about 5 minutes scrubbing the bottom and found a few markings, but most are still full of crud. I can make out "5qt" with MADE IN U.S.A under that, and the letter E under that. but that's all.
    [​IMG]

The bottom is nice and flat and there are no cracks in it, so I'm gonna go ahead and chuck it into the electrolysis tank. I figure even if it is pitted like crazy from the rust, it'll be fine to use on the campfire. We have other lids that fit it. What the heck - it was free. [:D]

10. heathdavis

heathdavis New Member

Nothing incredibly awesome this week, but here are the camping-related items:

A nearly full can of canvas waterproofing spray (50 cents)
    An AC to DC outlet converter plug (50 cents)
    A rubber mallet (for banging wheel chocks into place) ($1 (splurge))
    A very pretty chrome multipurpose bottle and can opener (50 cents)

11. heathdavis

heathdavis New Member

I like it! You could use it for its intended use or you could put a plant inside it. I have a big iron "cauldron" with little feet, that I painted with red rustoleum, then put a big plant inside. It looks cool.

12. PinnMcrack

PinnMcrack Active Member

I have a really good friends who goes Yard Saling every weekend. I gave him a list of things I wanted. One of the things on my list was a camp stove. He found this for $20.00.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Idahawk

Idahawk " Esta Perpetua "

I got them for a $ 1.00

Thought they would be cool for the PUP and morning coffee.

[​IMG]

14. JeepMama

JeepMama New Member

15. Aladin Sane

Aladin Sane I'd rather be camping

We have gone away from drinking the morning coffee from enamel wear mugs. The heat transfer through the metal both makes it uncomfortable to hold onto, and cools the coffee too quickly.

16. Idahawk

Idahawk " Esta Perpetua "

[:D] These are straight Tin, no fancy enamel . Your probably right about losing heat but I tend to drink my coffee pretty fast .

17. Aladin Sane

Aladin Sane I'd rather be camping

I understand, and I find your Bonanza mugs to be pretty cool (pun intended). I was just sharing my experience with drinking hot liquids from metal containers.

18. blmille1

blmille1 New Member

Last Saturday we went to help my grandfather set up his Garage Sale in a mobile home community and man we left with more than he sold... We picked up a Coleman Iceless Cooler with the 120 and 12v adapter, still in the box new for $10.00, a small portable LP grill for $10.00 and a Screen Room Tent for $5.00. I even found a water pressure regulator in the back of the garage, that was still new in the package that my grandfather gave me.... This will certainly make the next camping trip a little better..... Only 3 weeks left to go [:D]

19. kingsrider

kingsrider New Member

[
    That Primus is SWEEEET !!! they are becoming a collectible with the lantern and stove crowd. Don't tell anybody... [;)]

20. Hanne

Hanne New Member

We have a closeout discount chain in our area called "Ollie's". This weekend I got a set of King-size microfiber sheets to use for curtain material for 12.99. I also scored a complete Rustoleum bedliner kit for $40, and one of those things that attaches to your hitches so you can line up your trailer for $5. Also a nice sturdy small freestanding wire shelf that can sit on the kitchen counter for $5.