Saturday Morning Finds, what did you find?

Discussion in 'Deals too good not to share!' started by brit, May 7, 2011.

1. Camp-N-Nuts

Camp-N-Nuts KrustyKamper

Those were re-runs...it was originally on Sunday nights...I'm old enough to have seen them 1st time around! [:O]

2. austinado16

austinado16 Proud Starcraft Owner

I'm a garage sale and swapmeet addict! I go garage/yard saling every Saturday, and then the Swapmeet is bright and early Sunday morning.

I've made a ton of excellent scores and a couple of my favorites are my Honda eu2000i for $200, and a couple of Norcold 12v/110v portable refrigerators at $25 and $40 respectively.

The Honda genny allowed me to sell a couple of my other smaller, older Honda suitcase models, so I made money buying it. The refrigerators are 1-2k depending on model.

Always fun to go hunting for treasures and you never know what you'll stumble across!

3. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member Platinum Supporting Member

It was Thursday, but still counts, right? I stumbled across an estate sale yesterday, the service running it usually has fair prices on things; being it was the second day of the sale, things were 25% off. For the house, an almost pristine Pyrex double boiler. For camping, a bunch of small tools (screwdrivers, pliers & small tin snips), so I can add to the toolbox dedicated to camping. One of these days I'll have enough duplicates that things don't sneak out of that box between trips!

4. kitphantom

Found a Goal Zero Escape 150 battery at REI Scratch & Dent sale today for about $100 off original price. Reason for return was listed as "too heavy". We were thinking we'd like one of the batteries to use with the solar panels we bought earlier; this one will also charge at home from the wall outlet.

5. candleems

candleems Member

Found a mountain bike that is finally the right size for DD for $30! Woohoo!!

6. candleems

candleems Member

Price = FREE!! I finally picked up a pop-up trash can (yard and garden size) that I've seen all week along the side of the road.

7. baglady201

baglady201 Hippy chick since 1959

Not exactly on Sat. morning, but I scored a shower shelter with shower included for 12 bucks and shipping on Amazon.com

8. PaulinBawlmer

PaulinBawlmer I'm a traveling man ஃ

I've never been a tag sale/fleamarket/thrift store kind of guy, but after reading about some of the treasures others have found, I felt compelled to give it a try. Last weekend my DW and I were out driving and passed a Goodwill Superstore, so I figured "no time like the present."

10 minutes and $10 later, we were in possession of *exactly* what we were looking for for the Pup: an iPod/am/fm sound dock. And the damn thing works like a charm!

Win!

9. JeepMama

JeepMama New Member

On an online Yard Sale facebook page I found a Woman's 26 in bike for FREE!!!!

[​IMG]

I'd rather have a beach cruiser, no gears-coaster brakes, but for free, I am not complaining! It does have some rust on the chain, I am hoping Jeepin Dad can get it working for me...

[​IMG]

On my way home from picking it up, I saw this with a sign reading $15 in someones yard... so I bought it for Jeepin Dad. It looks a little rough, but appears to be in perfect working condition. He'll be so surprised when he gets home from off roading today [:D]

[​IMG]

I have a feeling I am going to look ridiculous riding a bike, but I think this will enable us to take the boys on some fun rides while camping.

also purchased at yard sales today 6 Rescue Heroes Action Figures $3 (Michael) Pocket Electronic Yahtzee Game $1 (Patrick) Word Search Book $.25 (Patrick) a mini book light $.25 (for my kindle) and a Bike Helmet $2 (Peter)

10. fmbhappycamper

fmbhappycamper PuP Power

No, you won't look ridiculous, rather People will be saying "aww, look at that nice Family out for a ride". Nice Find and now for a bike rack [8D]

11. Dubbya

Dubbya Wherever you go, there you are...

The single most important things I found this morning were the coffee pot and my pants, thought not necessarily in that order! The DW was as thrilled as I was! [LOL]

Painstakingly typed with very large fingers from my teenie, tiny iPhone.

12. PinnMcrack

PinnMcrack Active Member

While it wasn't at a yard sale or thrift store... I found a CI cornbreader skillet at WalMart for $9.00.. I felt I had to have it.

13. pasobuff

pasobuff Active Member

Hopefully I will have some goodies to share this weekend....going on a slight road trip (sans camper) to visit my husband at work and plan on stopping at some sales along the way (@200 mile drive one way!)

14. The Postman

The Postman You gotta love Camping!!

Just before we were going camping, I picked up a Walmart Casssette Porta Potty on Kijijji for much more than half price. It was used, but was very clean, and came in very handy!!

15. SteveM_CT

SteveM_CT Member

This was a while back, but a church near me was having a garage sale and as their youth group had been disbanded, they were selling off the camping equipment.

I got thirteen 2-man EMS hexagonal dome tents will full (to the ground) rain flies for $5 each.

We fixed them up. mixed and matched parts to get a good 11 tents and sold them to the scouts in our troop for cost.

Steve

16. 2ColdBeers

2ColdBeers Member

We stopped at an "estate sale" on Thursday. It was more of an indoor rummage sale, not an estate, just stuff they didn't want to move. Either way we left with a bunch of stuff for only $8. The best find of the day, An old school Coleman camp stove, the one with the little red fuel tank you pump. By my math, I got it for $3. These people had no idea what they had there. In fact their asking price was $5, I talked them down.

Of course I have the newer ones in my gear, so I should be able to clean this one up and re-sell it for a heck of a profit. [:D] Score!!!

17. fmbhappycamper

fmbhappycamper PuP Power

Today is our Annual Shrimp Festival Parade, so I was catching Beads, Candy and Beach Balls [8D]Drinking Mimosas and now nothing else gets done, we walk to Time Square stopping at every Bar [LOL]Turn your head to the right to see pic [:O]
    [​IMG]

18. Camp-N-Nuts

Camp-N-Nuts KrustyKamper

I finally found a Coleman "white gas" camping stove for $5 at a garage sale! [:)C] I had a couple in the past but were "borrowed" and I like the vintage type, because my dad worked for Coleman about 70 yrs ago! [;)]

[​IMG]

19. kitphantom

@Pup-A-Rotsee
    very nice!

20. slowfatknitter

slowfatknitter Member

A 4.5ft long rainbow trout pillow for fifty cents..perfect with the lodge look in the camper.