SC- Sesquicentennial State Park (just N of Columbia)

Discussion in 'South Carolina' started by MintHillBill, Dec 30, 2012.

1. MintHillBill

MintHillBill Member

Spent a weekend there when Hurricane Sandy pushed us away from the beach. What a nice park. Close to many attactactions (booklet in the arrival package) and stores. We blew a tire on the trailer on the way there and got it replaced from a nearby tire store. Had a great R&R weekend and met some nice folks from NC to NH !Yet no noise from the city or nearby highway.
    Bill

2. 88PUP

88PUP being crazy- has kept me from going insane

Sesqui as we call it here local, is a great little CG. It is quite and well hidden from the hustle and bustle of Columbia. It is about 30 miles from my home in Lexington, SC and we used to go there often just for a weekend get away. The kids loved the beach and swimming area and there was good hiking trails. I don't know if they still allow it but, we used to climb to the top of the fire lookout tower and look out across the City.
    If your looking for a lot of excitement and noise, this would not be the CG of choice.

3. RetiredJedi

RetiredJedi New Member

I love camping at Sesquicentennial. It's 10 minutes from my house and 5 minutes from Walmart. The bathrooms are clean, the sports are well kept and the Rangers have always been nice to us. The cool thing is that is right in the middle of busy stuff but you would never really know it.

4. yetavon

yetavon everything is better around a campfire.

Have heard of it but never been there....may just have to change that soon....

5. BillyMc

BillyMc Well-Known Member

Swimming is no longer allowed. There is a splash pad for the kids, boat rentals, fishing (lots of aquatic vegetation), biking/hiking trails, playground, water/electric hook ups, and dump station. Spent four nights there with the DW and grandsons, had a blast.

megcabra likes this.