School me on Disney World CGs

Discussion in 'Florida' started by skeetercampsintexas, Jan 21, 2014.

1. thegeorgefamily06

thegeorgefamily06 Member

Yeah, what he said.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. geoffm3

geoffm3 Member

We love Ft Wilderness... we've made 1 trip a year since 2010 except for last year when we took two. We're on tap to do two trips this year also.

3. F239141

F239141 New Member

Fort Wilderness is the best all around campground I have ever been too. Never been in the PU but been atleast 15 times in the motorhome, normally stay for 12-18 nights. Spend a lot of time on the golf cart riding around looking at all the rigs and campsites. Hop on the bus or boat and roam all of WDW seeing other resorts. Last few times I have got a length of stay pass and go to the parks as I please. Fort Wilderness is almost an destination in itself.

I also stay in a park outside of WDW for 10 days and do the other Orlando stuff.

4. scubacamper

scubacamper Well-Known Member

We completed 3 nights at FW in our PUP the week AFTER 4 July and it was wonderful though they're still working out the bugs with the wristbands and "Fast Pass". See my post last week about trip for other insights.

5. StevensFamily

StevensFamily Excited about camping!

DH and I take our little one on Super Bowl Sunday. We're not really "sports fans". We haven't had to wait in line for more than 30 minutes for almost 3 years now. This is also a good time to go to Sea World. We like to stay at Fort Wilderness however I would not recommend staying in a pop up during Christmas time as it can get rather damp and cold. Hope this helps.

6. scubacamper

scubacamper Well-Known Member

You can check the dates when their rates drop and that's also when the push their "Florida Residents" specials. Usually right after Labor Day until mid December with the exception of the week of Thanksgiving. Also after New Years until FL Spring Break and Easter then until right until Memorial Day. I might be off a few days but that's pretty close.