Score at the Thrift Store

Discussion in 'Deals too good not to share!' started by Norfolk, May 26, 2011.

1. PaulinBawlmer

PaulinBawlmer I'm a traveling man ஃ

That's ridiculous! You must've laughed all the way home!

2. Aunt Ness

Aunt Ness Member

[:D] Wow! Now that is something I'd like to find!

3. electronflux

electronflux Member

1965 220F Coleman Lantern, all original parts; sans mantles. Found on ebay for $20 + $13 shipping. Cleaned it up a little, removed a little rust, replaced the mantles and added fuel. Fired right up after I figured out how to get it lit.

I love old camping gear like this.

[​IMG]

4. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member Platinum Supporting Member

nice lantern

5. TX_F2

TX_F2 New Member

Great find. [8D]

6. jjkach

jjkach New Member

Great looking lantern!

7. Steve A

Steve A A bad day camping beats a great day at work!

This weekend I found a Coleman 3-way cooler with two trays and the ice bin. I stole it for a whopping $4.00.

There's one in worse condition on eBay for $79.99 with no bins.

Chalk one up for "right place, right time" and them not knowing what they had.

8. Camp-N-Nuts

Camp-N-Nuts KrustyKamper

If you feel guilty and it's a non-profit thrift store...you can give them some more money! [;)]

9. Steve A

I don't feel guilty and it wasn't a non-profit.

Goodwill gets a nice chunk of ny money.

Sent from an HTC Android phone using Tapatalk 2 while ignoring the realities of life. Camping, however is essential.

10. Bigpineguy

Bigpineguy New Member

We LOVE yard sales and thrift stores...

I got a portable dump station for $20 ( the big blue one ), a like new convection oven ($10) ....

but my Favorite find was at a Salvation Army..... I found an entire set of "Willow" dishes , must be over 100 pieces to the set....My wife is a huge fan of Willow dishes, got the entire set for $100!! has to be about 10% of the real value.... but they are priceless to my lovely bride....

BPG~

11. kcandstinger

kcandstinger New Member

At the Goodwill Store by they had the mats for in front of your camper 6 x 8 or 9 x 12 for 19.99 and 24.00 that was quite a find, brand new and colors to choose from

12. johnsagraves

johnsagraves New Member

You guys are great. Retiring in June and this is the reason I am going to be a junker. I love it. Only problem is how can I carry all this stuff in my Trailmanor. Wife going to kill me one of these days. John

13. CampChaos

CampChaos Member

I love good will shopping!!

Paid $7.99 Brand new with manual!
    [​IMG]

Super cheap $2
    [​IMG]

Only $4
    [​IMG]

Paid $3 bucks, brand new
    [​IMG]

$6- Gently used-bought it for my brother because he loves mine. I paid 15 for mine :(
    [​IMG]

$5- Stay or go coffee maker. No hot plate as the coffee pot is a thermos and keeps coffee hot for hours. Did not come with cups. Does dribble when pouring (one of the cons to this product) but use it for camping and pour the coffee outside anyways. Dribbling is very minimal anyways.
    [​IMG]

$8- bought it memorial weekend from a couple at a campground who were selling off their old camping stuff.
    [​IMG]

And FINALLY found a Tupperware Pickle keeper. I can't stand it when people thrust their entire hand deep into my pickle jar. YUCK!! Especially when camping. paid $1
    [​IMG]

Now just keeping my eyes peeled for some good cast iron cookware. Waiting til spring to see what summer dishes come out in the stores. :)

14. camp dad

camp dad New Member

That was a nice haul. I bought a stove like that at an auction a couple of weeks ago for 4 bucks. Now I have 3 of them!!!

15. CampChaos

CampChaos Member

Congrats on your great find!!! Do you ever think... I saved a lot of money on this find so if I buy "such and such extra" for the camper, I still come out ahead? I'm finding myself doing that and having to stop myself. LOL

As for the coleman cook stove...I prefer my propane grill over the camp stove. I think it has to do with not being able to see the flame and how extremely flammable that stuff is. Scares me. Actually thinking of turning it into a propane stove. [?:~{]

16. camp dad

camp dad New Member

17. CampChaos

CampChaos Member

Sweet!! Thank you Camp Dad!

I believe I will have to get this ordered this winter! [:D]

18. CampChaos

CampChaos Member

Bargain of the month for me 4.99: A/C- D/C portable fan- I love these. I bought a new one last year and couldn't pass up this deal for another one.

[​IMG]

19. Steve A

I picked up a dorm fridge at a bargain store yesterday for $35. Those little buggers are gold anywhere else. We had seen that fridge there several weeks with a sold sticker on it. I talked to the clerk and asked about it. She said her mom had bought it but hadn't picked it up. Then she said her dad (store owner) said, "If someone asks about it, sell it! She hasn't picked it up yet." I said if it wasn't going to create hate and discontent, I would get it for CJ's office at the hospital. Now that I'm working a lot more, I won't be delivering her lunch. I want her to have REAL food, not "chow hall" stuff.

I also saw, but did not buy, an older Coleman lantern in a hard plastic case. One of the hinges on the case was toast so didn't bother.

20. CampChaos

CampChaos Member

Found this today.... Great Vegetable grilling pan with folding handle for a buck, and it's brand new!

[​IMG]