Score at the Thrift Store

Discussion in 'Deals too good not to share!' started by Norfolk, May 26, 2011.

1. mamabean5

mamabean5 Well-Known Member

Great Find! I'd love to find one of those [:)O]

2. CampChaos

CampChaos Member

Thanks Mamabean! Bed bath and beyond sells them for around 6-7 bucks. I had been wanting one of these and was going to order one this last summer but decided to wait. Glad I did. :D

Summer can't get here fast enough. :D

3. dregsfan

dregsfan New Member

A new thrift store just opened in my neighborhood. Checked it out and found a Guest Charge Pro 2608 water & shockproof battery charger for $2.50. Works great. New ones sell for $70 on Amazon.

[​IMG]

4. mamabean5

I totally agree! I have a Salvation Army and a Value World near me, but no Goodwill. I've yet to see any camping stuff in either. It's mostly clothes and junk kitchen ware. Living in a small town, when I say 'near me', I mean 20.7 miles away according to GoogleMaps!

5. CampChaos

CampChaos Member

Hobie Bob- Great find!!! I need to find me a battery charger... cheap. :)

Mamabean- I am originally from a small town and had to travel about 30 mi to the nearest good will. I now live in a larger town where there are 2 good wills both about a 10 min drive from me and another opening up only about 2 miles away this march. What I am waiting for though is garage sales this spring because I think the deals are much better. Goodwill has become pretty high priced for used stuff. :(

6. johnsagraves

johnsagraves New Member

When I retire in June, I want to be a junker. Thrift store ( 3 stores) finds in last two days. 40 quart coleman dc refrigerator with 110v converter, like new, $15 cost new over $130, 4 shirts like new $2.00, New quart can Paint thinner, 25 cent, Grill Tfal that I can hide in the camper, more that I want to pay $5, Small crockpot that I can run on my 200watt inverter while traveling $1, Cuisinart food slicer, $4 at Macy's cost $80 dont know what I am going to use this for. Dehumidifier for home when we go on vacation especially here in Florida, It Works $2 cost new over $100. I need a camper to pull behind my camper for more junk.

I love junk, but wife is going to shoot me if I keep bringing this stuff home.

7. mamabean5

CampChaos, I agree. I LOVE garage sales but since returning to work, my mornings are limited. I do have 3 Fridays off a month, so I try to get out then but sometimes I just want to sleep in!

8. hotrodcamper

hotrodcamper Member

Not a thrift store find,but just bought a 2 burner Coleman stove for $25 from Craigslist. Found alot of good deals on Craigslist. Should work for us,as it's only the wife and I.

9. CampChaos

CampChaos Member

Another Goodwill trip. Picked up an Elite Platinum Buffet deluxe server for 7.99... Brand new! I think someone goofed when they priced this. It was still in the plastic and box, complete with manual. This should work out wonderfully for camp meal times!

[​IMG]

10. CampChaos

CampChaos Member

Mamabean- I work nights and only have every other weekend off. So I feel your pain. [:!]

11. ecupcar

ecupcar New Member

I love this thread. I scored a brand new North Face sweater in TAMPA for $4. Some guy must have moved to Florida and realized he didnt need the warmest sweater he ever owned, now its mine. I live in Chicagoland and have used it 3 times this year already!

12. Steve A

Steve A A bad day camping beats a great day at work!

Whoever is doing the pricing at our Goodwill has decided the decimal point should move one spot to the right lately. I'll be making my scores at the Senior Center's Thrift Store. One day while herding my work-based-learning high school students there, I scored a nice 1 gal Coleman jug for a couple bucks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. hotrodcamper

hotrodcamper Member

My parents had one of those. Used to fill with lemonade and take out in boat fishing when we went to northern Wisconsin. Really miss those days!

14. CampChaos

CampChaos Member

Steve A- I agree, the Goodwill is getting very pricey on things. It's hard to find good deals these days there, but I still go. :) Because ya just never know. [A]

Great find! I remember my dad having one of those too! lemonade was ALWAYS cold! :) Great find!!!

15. CampChaos

CampChaos Member

Another find today for 3.99. Only thing wrong is that the flex light is missing but not a big deal. Now I'm kicking myself for not waiting when I bought one new back in october :( Oh well... now I have one for the table and one for the camp kitchen.

[​IMG]

16. bondo54

bondo54 Well-Known Member

Got a Coleman 2 burner propane matchless ignition campstove with carring case for $20 found it on a local buy, sell and trade site on the internet. Little dusty but cleaned up nice.

17. nuthouseinva

nuthouseinva Portsmouth, Virginia

Man. I miss the thrift store. I used to work near several of them and used to go every thursday when they would get their normal load of donations. Found all kinds of great deals.
    Best one has to be a food saver machine for $3. 10 years later I'm still using it. Makes prepping meals for camping really easy. We usually marinate and freeze some meat for grilling.
    Also outfitted our galley with thrift store pots and pans, cooking utensils. Amazing how good of condition some donated items are.

I bought an antique aluminum photography tripod that I bet would be semi-collectable. paid $8 i think.

Thanks for the reminder. I need to hit up the thrift store down the street from my new office.

18. CampChaos

CampChaos Member

nuthouseinva- I have been wanting to get one of those food saver machines for camp meals. I've been on the look out. I have come across a couple but was afraid to buy them because they were older and was not sure if the plastic wraps were still being sold. I think I am just going to have to make a list of ones still being sold so if I come across one again I can do a match up. :)

19. nuthouseinva

nuthouseinva Portsmouth, Virginia

Mine is pretty old and is a FOODSAVER Brand. Standard foodsaver type bags available pretty much anywhere work fine with mine. I wish it put a little more of a vacuum seal on the food but it works okay for me. For $3 I'll use it until the thing doesn't work anymore! [LOL]

20. Hanne

Hanne New Member

I got a whole bag full of full and partial sealing rolls for .50 at our local thrift store. The brand was Black & Decker, but the bags work perfectly with our Food Saver -just an FYI if anyone else is wondering about mixing brands.