Screen Door?

Discussion in 'A-Frame PopUps' started by MsKG, Aug 6, 2019.

1. MsKG

MsKG New Member

I bought a '97 Chalet (not sure of the model beyond that!) and am working on renovating it. Has anyone figured out how to mod a screen door or at least the top half?
    I have two dogs who come camping with me and the additional air flow would be great. I can't find anything to fit with the rounded top on the door though.

2. Rik Peery

Rik Peery Well-Known Member

Saw something once where somebody made a form w/ screen & attached it w/ velcro, wish I could remember more

3. Merlin14

Merlin14 Active Member

What about a Magic Screen Kit? Search it at walmart.com - maybe it will work for you.

4. Zephyr

Zephyr Active Member

I used one of those cheap screen doors that close with magnets. I cut it down to fit the door and added an elastic cord in a casing. Our door is arched, so I put 5 Command hooks around the arch to hold the elastic cord and one upside down on the bottom of the doorframe on each side to tie it down. I was concerned that the dogs would tear it up, but they learned how to go through it very quickly.
    screendoor 1.JPG screendoor 2.JPG

5. dickparkans

dickparkans New Member

See if this helps

Attached Files:

Rik Peery and OneTruth like this.
  6. OneTruth

OneTruth New Member

Great ideas! Anybody run into a brand of screen door they like better than another?

7. DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl Active Member

DickParkans...

Thanks for posting instructions. I’ve had my Aliner for almost 6 years. And I’ve been searching for easy instructions to follow in making my own. I only have basic sewing skills that I learned more than 30 years. Back when home economics and shop was still taught in schools.

Air Flow during the day is crucial in help keeping the inside cool. It gets hot without windows & door being kept open till the evening cool down begins.

Thanks for sharing.

Happy Camping...[ALPU][PUT]