Screen House Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Canvas / Awnings / Add a Rooms / Tarps / Tents' started by SCmomma, May 7, 2009.

1. SCmomma

SCmomma New Member

.......I am considering buying a screen house to put over the picnic table and would like anyone's input on which brand or size is best and why ........(.I am a screen house type person so you can tell me not to buy one but I am going to anyway.......haha)......nothing worst than eating while swatting at bugs the whole time in MHO........I am looking at Coleman's 14X12 ft screen house they have at walmart.com.....it does not have a floor in it.....I have heard alot of them let the bugs in at the bottom.......don't want to waste the money so would appreciate suggestions........thanks so much.........SCmomma

2. 01YZF6

01YZF6 Dothan, AL

we own a coleman one and an ozark trail one and we liked them both.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4744660

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5493341

we prefer the coleman one as the rain does not drip inside where the screen mesh meets the solid roof. ( due to the base being alot wider than the roof coverage) but the Ozark one stays cooler inside....

we just spray our listerine bug bomb around the base of the ground flaps and rarely have issues....
    the coleman mesh seems to be a bit tougher as well...

3. mschepac

mschepac South Jersey

We us a "Quest" brand ez-up canopy (purchased at Dicks sporting goods for about $100) and also got the screen room accessory. The canopy goes up in a flash and the screen attaches very easily, when needed (we have only needed it twice in the last 2 seasons). There is no bottom in it, but I have found that very few bugs actually come up. This way you are not stuck with using a screen room if you don't need it.

4. nhcaveman

nhcaveman Barrington, NH

I'm also a screenhouse type of person, and I have this: http://www.coleman.com/coleman/colemancom/detail.asp?product_id=2000001443&categoryid=11050&brand= Coleman Insta Clip nice, big, 11' X 13'. I like it because of it's square shape, rather then the 6 sided because you get more usable space out of it. I have had the picnic table in there, and still been able to bring 4 or 5 chairs in when it rained so we could still sit and enjoy the campfire. Would I like an EZ up type canopy, I looked at them, they are nice, but smaller, and you buy the walls, and screen seperately. I shopped around and looked at a lot of screenhouses, I just felt that the big square shaped one would be most useful. The bad, need atleast two people to put it up, but it's not hard, all clips on the outside, which makes it pretty fast. Shop around though, as I saw it prices from $115 which I paid, to $159.

5. 01YZF6

01YZF6 Dothan, AL

I like that one Todd, it is hard to find square ones with ample room in them. wit the square you have less likely chances of rain dripping down off the mesh....

6. nhcaveman

nhcaveman Barrington, NH

I got it at Kittery Trading Post..........Hi neighbor

7. DCampbell1969

DCampbell1969 New Member

We do the same and also have one of the sun/wind attachments for one side
    I don't think the quest is still available, but there are many brands out there that have screen and other attachments

8. BoatCamp

BoatCamp Enjoy!

I'm such a screen room person that I'll put it up even if I don't plan to use it. [8D]
    We have the Coleman 12x17 six sided one. I've used it in Canada in July and I don't think we noticed any bugs coming under the sides. They'd swarm in any time we opened the door, but never noticed them coming under the sides. [LOL]
    I don't know that it was any worse than others at letting the rain in.
    Good luck with your choice.

9. RhinoDave

RhinoDave Active Member

The price is right on this one:
    http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5646069&findingMethod=rr

10. 01YZF6

01YZF6 Dothan, AL

that is a good price !

11. Albert and Melanie

Albert and Melanie The "pup" Palace

Here's what we do....

[​IMG]

It works great!

12. bud121156

bud121156 Western North Carolina

We have one of those 10 x 10 First Ups from WalMart,the blue one from couple years ago. Got the screen and the wind screen.

13. 01YZF6

01YZF6 Dothan, AL

now thats a setup !

14. Albert and Melanie

Thanks.... that's what ours is, only it's 2 first ups, and hubby attached the screen panels.

15. SCmomma

SCmomma New Member

thanks for all the suggestions........you guys are the greatest!!........i am gonna look online tomorrow at walmart.com and see which ones come ship to store ( free shipping to walmart nearest you)........thanks again........SCmomma

16. Albert and Melanie

We bought all our stuff at WM, and it was already in stock.

17. nhcaveman

nhcaveman Barrington, NH

Wow, RhinoDave that's exactly the one I got, but at like half the price, absolutely a great buy!

18. LynnAllen02

LynnAllen02 Active Member

We have a Kelty 12 x 12 screenhouse, it has panels for when it rains. We put rocks on the flaps to keep the bugs out. It only weighs 13 pounds and is pretty easy to set up. Picnic table fits inside it easily!

It comes after a Coleman screenhouse that we got wet in so many times, it worked great but was heavy and I used to have to stand on the picnic table to help DH set it up!

My only complaint about the Kelty is that is does not fair so well in hot weather, gets pretty toasty in there...great for spring, late summer and fall though!

Lynn

19. bruceam

bruceam New Member

Just bought a 10' x 10' "First up" gazebo with screen enclosure from Wallyworld for $119.00. Will camp with it next weekend, but did set it up in back yard Saturday and am pleased with it so far. No floor, but screen walls do have flaps at bottom and rest on the ground and make a fairly good seal. Getting screen back into its carry bag a bit of a challange - like getting 5 quarts in a gallon container! Happy camping, Bruce

20. KateTheKamper

KateTheKamper Member

After fighting with the little awning on my pup to get it in place and then reading all these screen house suggestions, I'm soooo tempted to get one.