Screen Room?

Discussion in 'Canvas / Awnings / Add a Rooms / Tarps / Tents' started by bahanse75, Apr 29, 2018.

1. bahanse75

bahanse75 New Member

im sorry if this has been posted before. I searched but didn’t find my answer. We recently purchased a near new condition 2003 Coleman Santa Fe popup. It has the original awning. I know Coleman no longer makes pop ups but was wondering if if was possible to purchase a screen room? One that would attach to awning?

2. Mamie

Mamie Active Member

I'm curious about the same thing, though my camper is a Flagstaff. The PO told me that there is a screen attached to the awning, but he also told me he never opened it up, so I don't know what to expect. But I would think it wouldn't make a difference what make and model the camper is, the bag awnings that I've seen all look alike to me. I want to see how the screen is attached to the awning. You can buy screen at Lowe's or Home Depot pretty cheap and if you used a zipper, it appears to me that it would only take one, but I want to check on Velcro too.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
    bahanse75 likes this.
  3. mstrbill

mstrbill Active Member

I am sure it does. Even with F/C campers, I understand that the newer AARs will not work with earlier model awnings.( and I assume versa-versa).

4. Mamie

Mamie Active Member

Okay .. what's an AARs?

5. crackerJack

crackerJack Well-Known Member

My Fleetwood Coleman OEM awning ripped badly and I replaced it with a new Dometic trim line, which is awesome!
    I still have the awning, all the poles and hardware is in good shape. I also have a compatible Fleetwood Coleman add a room.
    For Sale - 60$ - fits 12’ box
    I’m near Mammoth Cave NP

6. Tlo

Tlo New Member

Do you have more info on the add a room? What model did it come off of, what year, condition, etc? I'm looking for an add a room for my 12' Coleman Niagara Elite. Thanks

7. friartuck

friartuck Well-Known Member

Cracker Jack's signature lines says he has a 2002 Coleman Mesa. The Mesa is a 12' box with a trunk, which is the same size as your Niagara (unless you have a highwall) and all the pieces parts should be generic to the '12 box' line up.
    The big difference between the AARs is how they attach to the awning, either Velcro or zippers. Check your awning, whatever the edges have is the kind you need.

Mamie: AAR is shorthand for Add A Room, it is a 3 sided tent that attaches to the edges of the awning and the side of the camper so the awning area is completely enclosed. An AAR has 'privacy panels', flaps of material that tie down to cover the windows (some of the screens have vinyl windows you can open or close so you still have light but can shut out weather) It's like adding a new room to your camper when it's set up.

8. crackerJack

The add a room has Velcro for attachment to awning. I bought it off someone who had a Utah. As friartuck said it should fit most colemans with 12’ box. Look at sides of awning for Velcro or a zipper.
    It is in excellent condition. It has screens, with privacy roll down shades.

9. Mamie

Mamie Active Member

Thanks. I haven't seen my awning yet to see if it has the screen like the PO said, but thank goodness it is something that can be done later and doesn't have any safety issues. Privacy panels and window covers are something I hadn't heard of or would have considered, but I can see where both would come in handy.

10. Chrisjv

Chrisjv New Member

This still available, I have an 01 tacoma with velcro so believe this may be the screen room I need!

11. MTcamper14

MTcamper14 Member

I have a chance to buy an AAR for $20 off craigslist. Manual is dated June 2001 and lists a Sedona as a model it fits. I have a 2004 Sedona and was wondering if anyone knows if it will fit my PUP? I am assuming so...

12. Tlo

Tlo New Member

Mine does not have a zipper attachment, so I assume the Velcro would work. Do you have any pics available? I'm still interested

13. crackerJack

This is a google stock photo it looks exactly like it the flaps roll down for privacy or to keep the rain out it comes with a bag I think tlo called it first. PM me if you are interested. E1F460F0-C5DD-43E2-ABFD-191D87E6B49D.jpeg E1F460F0-C5DD-43E2-ABFD-191D87E6B49D.jpeg

14. Tlo

Tlo New Member

PM sent

15. mstrbill

mstrbill Active Member

get the Part Number of it and go to http://www.colemanpopupparts.com and look in the Accessories part books for the 2001 and 2004 Sedonas' and see they have matching part numbers or at least are the same size.