screen shelter?

Discussion in 'Canvas / Awnings / Add a Rooms / Tarps / Tents' started by kcrouth, Sep 8, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Karey

Karey Member

We bought the 10ft version from Bass Pro. Thought we'd just use the screen part for mosquitos, but some rain came down and the sides are so easy and handy to put down. We use one side as a "tarp" to our trailer door. With extra poles all or any other sides than the one can go up extending cover.

It's not so hard to put up. Very well made. Has so many options. It feels bigger than 10x10 as the sides are not necessarily straight down.

2. Patrick w

Patrick w Active Member

I found another knockoff - slumbertech 6- slightly used for 75 on ebay. Other than signs of repacking, everything looked new. Having a gazelle t4 tent, the frame of it definately feels flimsier. But for 75 bucks, its ok. The roof gets hot. you can definately feel the heat radiating.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  3. Patrick w

Patrick w Active Member

The gazelle because of its no extra poles part is a way longer item to store. So is the clam. That was my issue.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  4. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Yea, its longer, i would put it inside my truck in the passanger seat sometimes so it wouldnt get wet. Lol. An allternative is to lay it on the beds in the pup. If it fits.

5. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

I have an Aldi Clam clone. It works well, but it is long when packed. For TX it is too hot during mosquito season. The mesh is a fine enough weave that it blocks light breezes. During the day it turns into an oven. It is nice in the fall/spring.

I don't use it as often as I thought I would for those reasons (hot and long pack size). For me having open shade seems to work better. I do see where Clam has a sky camper model - all mesh roof with an attachable fly. That one might alleviate the heat buildup issues, and the windows are zippered too so you can open them for some breeze. Pricey though.

My old Coleman 10x10 EZ Up is still running strong though. I have a screen attachment and shade walls for it. More work to set up, and bulky/heavy to pack, but the mesh is bigger and lets more breeze in, while being just small enough to combat mosquitoes.